53. OATH

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GLAD I AM TO FINALLY HAVE YOU BACK AFTER MONTHS!" Tomaso exclaimed while I was enveloped in his tight embrace

"Don't make me fire you, Tomaso. Get off of my woman." Ian spoke entering his office with a blue folder clutched in his right hand.

"Oh hush, boss. I missed her terribly. After all, she's the one I can rant to whenever you are acting like your usual charming self." Tomaso backfired.

I laughed as soon as he finally pulled away from me, "He is very charming, indeed." I said and nodded my head.

"She's a keeper, boss." Tomaso sighed out.

"I know. Now, get out." Ian said while going through some documents.

"Don't talk to me like that, boss. Or else-" Tomaso begun to say and my eyes widened in amusement.

"Or else?" Ian challenged, finally looking up at him and raising a brow.

"Or else I'll find another job." Tomaso threatened triumphantly.

I snorted but placed a hand over my mouth immediately when Ian glared in my direction.

"No one's gonna hire you. Not after I give a call to them." Ian stated in an obvious tone.

"You doubt my capabilities, boss. I am exceptionally good at persuading people."

"Is that why you couldn't persuade Molly to go out with you in three years?"

I gasped, "That's mean, Ian."

"H-How do you know that?" Tomaso asked in astonishment.

"I know what my employees are up to, Tomaso." Ian said and brought his attention back to the papers scattered in front of him.

"Oh, would you look at that? It's five already, my working hours are over." Tomaso said, faking enthusiasm.

I chuckled quietly and shook my head at his antics. He turned to look at me, "I'll have him find another assistant, soon. From tomorrow, my notice period begins."

"It's a pity how I actually gave you a raise but sadly my new assistant will now have all that money in his bank account." Ian told him, pretending to be fake sad.

"I-wh-no you didn't."

Ian opened the drawer to his left and brought out a check and gave it to him. His jaw slacked as he stared at it, "You're the best boss, boss."

"Get out, Tomaso. And be on time for the delegation tomorrow." Ian informed him.

"I will. Thanks again." He said in gratitude.

"Don't fuckin' hug her, again." Ian growled.

Tomaso sneaked a glance at him and then at me before giving me a brief hug and dashing out of the office. I laughed looking at Ian's displeased expression and made my way to him.