47. FINDING CLOSURE

I stepped out of the room and closed the door quietly behind me before moving towards Adrian's room

I stepped out of the room and closed the door quietly behind me before moving towards Adrian's room. I knocked on the door but when no sound came from the other side, I decided to just open it thinking he must be asleep.

However, there was no one in the room or even in the bathroom. Furrowing my eyebrows, I closed the door and decided to go check downstairs in his office. As I was nearing the end of the long hallway, I found the glass doors of the balcony open and saw a male figure leaned against the metal railing.

Adrian.

I started walking towards the balcony at a slow pace. I was able to walk on my own now, much to Adrian's dismay because he liked carrying me around and he still did whenever he got the chance.

We had just come back to Italy a few hours ago, and I went to take a nap because of extreme exhaustion and restlessness. It was currently one in the morning and I had woken up with a parched throat. I couldn't go back to sleep which is why I thought to pay him a visit.

As I reached there, I leaned against the doorframe and watched him take a drag from the cancer stick that hung loosely between his thumb and forefinger.

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asked in a raspy voice.

I was startled as I stared at his back. I made zero, literally zero, sound but he somehow managed to detect my presence.

"I can feel you, tesoro." He supplied, almost as if he sensed my confusion.

I straightened my posture and walked to where he stood. He took a long drag of his almost finished cigarette before putting it out with his shoe.

Then he turned to look at me and cupped my jaw between his fingers as he leaned down and latched his mouth onto mine to blow the remaining smoke inside my lungs.

I rolled my eyes at the bitter taste it left in my mouth and he pulled away to face the city again as if nothing happened.

"How long have you been up?" I questioned, studying his side profile.

"I didn't sleep." He answered.

"What's bothering you?" I probed.

"Absolutely nothing." He lied.

I jumped to sit on the marble ledge and he glanced at my attire briefly, which consisted of a navy blue silk top and matching shorts, before looking away again.

His face was blank and his eyes were a beautiful shade of rainclouds. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to stand directly in front of me.

He still kept his eyes on the city lights behind me so I grabbed his chin and made him look at me, "Eyes on me, mister." I said playfully with narrowed eyes.

He let out a small smile and replied, "Always on you, miss."

I grinned at him and placed a kiss on his cheek, "Talk to me."