46. ALREADY HOME

Standing in front of the wooden door, I unloaded my revolver before inserting back one bullet and turned around to see Javier and ten of our men standing with their guns drawn out and aimed towards the door

I kicked the door open with my left foot and with my revolver pointed at the person sitting at the head of the round table, I walked inside.

"Who the fuck are you and how did you get past my security?" The man roared.

He seemed to be in his early fifties with salt and pepper hair gelled back, giving his semi wrinkled face, a mature and intimidating look. My eyes surveyed the room to find a total of five men sitting there with their guns clutched tightly in their hands. It was a small conference room, the walls of which were covered in gold leather sheets. There was another narrow door right behind where the man was seated.

"You're awfully ignorant for someone who wants to marry their daughter off to the Italian capo." I mocked and dragged the swiveling chair out before sitting down it. I placed my left ankle above my right knee and placed my revolver on the shiny surface of the table with the barrel facing his way.

His eyes widened in realization and he cleared his throat awkwardly before adjusting his tie and opening his mouth, "It's not my fault that you like to stay off the radar. There's not even a single picture of you on the internet." He reasoned.

"Fair enough." I shrugged.

"I knew you'd change your mind, though. Did my daughter convince you?" He questioned as I saw his eyes shine with an evil glint.

I hummed in response as a smirk settled on my face, "She was pretty convincing."

He mirrored my smirk and leaned back in his seat before telling his men to lower the guns with a wave of hand and they obeyed.

"Are you here to seal the deal?" he asked, intertwining his hands above the table.

I started to spin my revolver above the table and nodded my head once, "I am, actually. But you did not let me complete my previous sentence." I said and finally looked in his light brown eyes.

He raised his brow and told me continue so I said, "Your daughter, Natalia, was pretty convincing. Easy on the eyes, I must say, with those fiery red hair." I paused and smirked to see his pleased expression before resuming, "Tastes very sweet, too, in fact my men told me that."

His eyebrows furrowed a little as he processed my words and I decided to keep going, "See, over the call I told you I have a woman. You know why we picked a war with the French? They took her from me. Imagine my fuckin' frustration when I just get her back and a bastardo decides to dump another woman on me, " I huffed and observed his face which has now turned red out of anger. "To put it simply, I picked a war with another Mafia because they threatened my empire by taking the Queen away and what's a King without his Queen anyway, right? You see, I will go to any length and fight a thousand more wars if they so much as look at her the wrong way. Now, it doesn't take a genius to figure that we Italians treasure our women the most. You can steal money, drugs, weapons, land, clubs, hotels, or whatever you desire from us and you'll pay for that of course but women, oh boy, that's straight up disrespect. And you just fuckin' disrespected me." I tsked with a fake sad expression on my face.