31. THE UNWELCOMED CONFESSION

Two updates in a day? I must be going crazy. ;) 

Anyways, enjoy this chapter. 

From then onwards, the next four days were hell for me

Augustine made sure that I had no food in my system and only one glass of water every day to keep me from dying before it was my time to.

His words, not mine.

Every day they would throw punches, kicks, and slaps wherever they could. I was scared out of my wits because I was secretly praying for the history to not repeat itself. I did not wish to get raped, once again, so I let them hit me whenever they wanted. I felt as if there was zero fight left in me. With each day, I grew weaker.

I had been asking a lot about Cara and Selena but none of them ever responded. All they said was that they are dead but I knew that they were lying. I had no clue where were they were being kept but I hoped that they were safe and were given food.

I had bargained with Augustine to leave them both alone and do whatever he wanted to with me and much to my shock, he agreed quickly. I was confused but that only confirmed my doubts that they both were indeed alive.

I had not seen Obrien ever since and I had started to think that maybe, maybe he was lying after all. Maybe, he still stood with his family and that was all a trap. As each day passed, my chances of survival and escape slimmed in front of my eyes.

Currently, I was tied to a chair in the room I was being kept in and my lip was busted and I could taste blood on them which was oozing out of my nose after Augustine punched me. He even hit me in the ribs with his crutches.

"You could have let me go." I whispered staring blankly at him.

He was sitting in a chair in front of me with his crutches lying on the floor. He could not walk without support but he had gotten rid of the wheelchair courtesy to the gait training he received from his physiotherapist.

He looked at me with cold eyes but did not speak so I decided to continue, "Your cousin already did a number on me but you could have stopped yourself. Hell, y-you could have stopped him, too, but you stood there in the corner watching it all unfold...right in front of your eyes, knowing fully well that you extended a hand of friendship less than two mon-months ago. You did not even know that I belonged to the Italian Mafioso yet you s-st-still did that to me."

I was so breathless by the end of that, that I ended up panting with my head hanging loosely.

I heard the screech of a chair and immediately flinched as a wave of fear and dread washed over me. I gathered all my courage and energy and looked up at him to see him now sitting three feet away from me with anger etched on his pale face.

I hated him. I hated him with every fiber of my being but I was so exhausted, and so drained that I could not hold myself back and a tear finally escaped my left eye before stopping at my chin.