39. MY FUCKIN' SUNSHINE

"I won't do it, you will

"I won't do it, you will." She said gazing up at me.

I froze for the nth time that day and stared at her, unblinkingly, "What?"

"Change my dressing." She whispered.

I swallowed harshly and my grip on her shoulders loosened before I pulled away and got out of the bed. She appeared hurt for a second but she guarded her emotions within a second.

I went inside the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit, which had all the required stuff in it, and walked out to see her frowning at the comforter with a small, almost unnoticeable pout, on her lips. I quickly typed a text to Zio Paul to inform him that Sheila's assistance won't be required, anymore.

"Sia." I called.

She looked up almost instantly and her frown disappeared as she saw the plastic box and for the first time in the past three days, she let out a small smile.

God, I sound so whipped right now but it actually warmed my heart and made me feel somewhat sane. She does not know it, but she actually is my fuckin' sunshine. She's someone I need all the time and the only person I wanna see when I wake up in the morning.

I blinked and shook my head to get rid of these thoughts and walked towards her. I helped her sit up and removed the comforter before I placed the box on the bed beside her and squatted in front of her.

She was fidgeting a little and I placed a hand on her knee, "Sia, relax. If you don't want me to do it, just say it, si?"

She shook her head, "N-no, I want you to do it." she admitted.

"Okay." I said and nodded.

"I am going to have to take these off, si?" I said while pointing at her cotton shorts.

She nodded meekly and I kept staring directly in her beautiful green orbs as I hooked my fingers around the waistband of her shorts and gently slid them down her legs.

Heat crept up her face and her gaze casted downwards as she bit her bottom lip and her nails dug in the mattress from where she was gripping it.

I placed her shorts on the bed, "Raise your arms." I spoke softly.

She did as told and I grabbed the hem of her one off shoulder shirt and gently pulled it off, leaving her in her black lingerie. All this time, my eyes never once strayed from her face. Not because I was disgusted by the sight of her wounds, but because I wanted to respect her privacy and not make her feel uncomfortable.

I briefly glanced down to open the non-sticky gauze before looking at her face again, "You tell me when it hurts, yeah?" I instructed.

She nodded quietly and peered down at her upper thighs which were littered with stab wounds. My jaw clenched at the sight and anger bubbled in my chest but I controlled it, for her sake. The last thing I wanted was to scare her.