54. I DO (PART ONE)

I looked up in the mirror to see mom standing behind me with a thin layer of tears in her eyes

I looked up in the mirror to see mom standing behind me with a thin layer of tears in her eyes. I smiled and turned around to hug her.

"Mom, don't be like that. I'm not going anywhere." I whispered softly in her ear.

Her arms tightened around me and she replied, "I know you aren't going anywhere. I'm just astonished to look at you all grown up. I still remember the day your father handed you to me. You were wrapped in your favorite purple blanket and you were so tiny, I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you and Aless. My children."

I pulled away and she held me at an arm's length to examine me from head to toe, "You look beautiful." She complimented and sniffled.

"Thank you, mom. We love you more." I said with a smile of my own.

"Come on now, help me with the buttons at the back." I added and turned my back to her.

She carefully closed all the buttons and I ran a hand over my dress to smoothen it. My hair were tied in a messy bun and I took out a few tendrils to frame my face. Cara did my makeup and, on my one thousand and one hundred requests, kept it as minimal and natural as she could. The only feature brought out were my lips that were painted in a deep shade of red.

I did not want to overdo anything, not today. I wanted to look like myself. My eyes went to my bare arms where there were a few faded marks that were left uncovered for everyone to see.

I smiled as I ran my fingertips above them, "Mom, this is the best dress I am wearing today. It reflects me, who I am, and what I have come from."

"We are so proud of you." She murmured and kissed my forehead after coming to stand in front of me.

I smiled widely at her and heard a knock on the door, "Come in." Mom spoke loudly.

Aless and dad entered the room together and when their eyes fell on me, they literally froze making my grin wider.

"What?" I asked, turning around to face them.

"You look beautiful." Dad managed to croak out while trying to keep his tears at bay.

I looked at Aless and rose my brows in anticipation but he stood there like a statue for a solid minute before breaking out of his trance and walking towards me.

I was enveloped in a bear hug and when he finally pulled away, he had tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Come on you guys, don't be like that." I said and blinked rapidly to control myself from bursting out in tears.

Cara would kill me if she finds out that I have mascara running down my face. She has been extremely pissed off lately with everyone and everything. It was her ninth month and we all steered clear of her whenever we could, including Javier.

"I never thought you could look any more gorgeous." Aless commented and my heart warmed.

"Thank you, baby brother." I said and gave him another brief hug.