3. THE MAKEUP DINNER

I slipped into a black dress and wore the same black stilettos I wore in the morning

My stomach churned and I swallowed harshly

My stomach churned and I swallowed harshly. I had no idea why I suddenly felt that going on this dinner might not be a good idea.

"He's here." Aless said barging in my room.

"Knock next time." I snapped.

"Woah. What's wrong?" he asked I'm concern.

"I-I am sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you. I just don't have a good feeling about going anymore." I explained.

"It's gonna be okay." he smiled at me in a reassuring manner.

I kissed his forehead and went out.

What I saw shocked me. His car was parked in our driveway and Selena was sitting in the front with him.

Keeping my confusion aside for a while, I opened the door on the back and got inside.

"Hey." Selena was the first to greet me.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked politely.

"Good. I hope you don't mind that I'm tagging along. Adrian insisted." she told with an apologetic smile.

"No, it's alright." I smiled at her and rested my back against the seat.

"You good?" Adrian asked.

"Perfect." I gave him a professional fake smile I have been practicing for years now and he bought it.

I don't know why but it hurt.

We made small talk here and there and reached the restaurant in twenty minutes.

My smile faltered as I saw that it was a Mexican restaurant but I quickly put it back on when I saw Adrian smiling at me.

"Hope you like Mexican food. Selena and I love it." he asked.

"Of course." I gave him a small smile and we made our way inside.

A waiter dressed in a white and red uniform guided us to a table that was in a secluded area yet every other table in the restaurant could be seen from there.