10. HYPERVENTILATION

"What do you think is the cause of this lethargy you've been experiencing lately?" I asked one of the female employees who worked for the Knights

She was a young employee in her early twenties and was pretty cute with brunette hair, light brown eyes and small, pointy nose. The yellow dress she was wearing complimented her pale skin. And she seemed to have a bubbly personality. I could tell that from the light and life in her eyes.

"I have no clue, you know. You're the psychologist here. No offence, though. I've been working in Knight Corp for a year now. I feel like a robot sometimes. My routine includes waking up, showering, eating, working and sleeping." she rambled.

I smiled at her and nodded my head before writing down these points.

Boring routine. Should take a break. I jotted down.

"You need a break. A breath of fresh air and rest from work." I suggested.

"Ms. Beckett, a human mind needs change every once in a while. Did you know that following a same routine for a long period of time can lead to depression? From what I've gathered, you don't have enough time for yourself. Or time at all, for that matter. Taking your mind off the mainstream routine is the best solution to it. A human being's efficiency gradually decreases if they keep going in circles over and over. Your mind needs to relax for a little while. As a guide to you and as a loyal employee to this company, I would want for you to work with the same enthusiasm and energy you had when you joined so I suggest, you write an email, book your tickets, pack your bags and leave for a vacation." I concluded.

"Would that really help?" she asked looking at me with wide eyes.

From the biting of her nails to to the continuous bouncing of her heels on the floor, her stature screamed impatience, anxiety and excitement. She was sitting on the very edge of the seat and would fall if she moved even half an inch any further.

"Yes, you would come back with a fresh mind and completely recharged energy." I said flashing her a small smile.

"Okay, thank you." she muttered excitedly and left after excusing herself.

I shook my head to myself and looked at the notes. I had dealt with two employees today. Both were females.

I straightened my burgundy button up blouse and stood up. My black heels clicked against the floor as I walked to the window and stood there for a while with my hands tucked inside my black slacks' pockets.