17. DROWNING, REMINISCING AND FALLING APART

A/N: Mature content ahead

A/N: Mature content ahead. If you're uncomfortable, do NOT read.

I slipped the spaghetti straps of my dress down my shoulders and watched it slide down my body and pool around my bare feet.

The reflection that stared back at me from the floor length mirror in my closet was beautiful on the outside but the eyes that stared back at me resembled those of a corpse.

My eyes were a forest green color and right now they looked as if it hadn't rained in that forest for ages.

My gaze travelled to my neck and I instantly felt two pairs of shadowy black hands wrapping around them like a vice, cutting my air supply.

I kept standing there, unmoving. My eyes now travelling down to my lace cladded breasts as I felt another pair of hands rip that piece of clothing off my chest and the cold air that followed immediately after.

A tie around my wrists binding them together making me feel all the more helpless.

A finger trailed down the length of my spine causing me to shiver involuntarily and the next second, the sound of lace ripping echoed in the room. I gasped and three fingers entered me mercilessly making me cry out in pain and stumble back in shock.

The heel of my foot hit something on the floor snapping me out of the spell and I, at once, felt all the clutches release my body. The shadows vanishing in thin air. My mind, however, was another story.

I looked at the floor and found my silver strapped heels lying just beside my foot. I picked them up and place them in the shoe rack with my other shoes.

I bent down again to pick up my dress and folded it neatly before placing it on the ottoman placed near the shoe rack.

If she didn't want to be scared, she should have fucking told us as soon as it had happened.

Dad's voice rang in my ears. Loud and clear.

Touching the insides of my thigh near my  entrance, I looked down to see no marks or bruises there.

It was clean of all the evidence.

I moved my head up slowly and suddenly it's not me who's standing there. My mirror image was reflecting a girl who's neck was bruised with several handprints, stomach painted black and blue, left eye puffy and purple, breasts covered in nasty bite marks, cheeks smeared with tear stains, inner thighs coated in blood and bruises, clitoris swollen and bleeding and soul shattered and faded.

What if he had done something to you, Sylvia?

When were you going to tell us?

Tell me something Sia, if I tell you how beautiful you are, would you smile at me like you smiled at him?

That was the last straw.

A diamond shaped small tear cascaded down my cheek and fell down my chin followed by a thousand more. My knees gave out and I fell to the floor, my palms resting flat against the wooden material as I hunched over it, shoulders shaking and heart breaking.