23. TAKEN AWAY

My heart literally stopped as I saw her fall, it felt as if everything had started to play in slow motion

My heart literally stopped as I saw her fall, it felt as if everything had started to play in slow motion. I could hear the gunshots being fired in the background but my sole focus was fixed on Sylvia.

The chandelier broke into a million pieces and the glass shards scattered all around the floor. I could see red drops on the floor and I knew it was Sia's blood. I started to run in her direction but a bullet grazed my arm halting my movements and I turned in the direction to see someone dressed in a staff uniform aiming his gun at me.

I quickly took my gun out and shot at him just a moment before he shot another bullet in my direction but I luckily dodged it.

How the fuck could this be possible? The security system was breached.

A man came from behind me and put me in a choke hold. I fired at his foot and he instantly released me, I turned around and shot him in the head.

"Sylvia!" I heard zia Victoria scream.

My head whipped in the direction she was previously in and I found a man carrying her away. I aimed at his back and fired the shot. He immediately fell with Sia still in his hold.

Everybody in the room was either fighting or shooting, it was all a chaos. How did we even let this happen was a question I was sure was going around in everyone's head including mine.

I saw Chris struggling to fight with two of the boys who were similarly dressed as the man whom I had shot. I pulled the trigger and fired two bullets at one of the boy's leg and he fell on the floor, screaming in pain.

I was so distracted and trying to reach to Sia that I did not notice when a bullet came out of nowhere and grazed my hand causing me to lose hold of my gun. It fell on the floor a few feet away from me and another man grabbed the opportunity to attack me.

He punched me square in the jaw and because I did not see it coming, I stumbled a few steps back. He again lurched at me but this time I grabbed him by the throat with one hand and twisted his arm with the other. His gun fell out of his hand and on the floor, I kicked it away from him using my foot and twisted his arm until I heard his bones cracking. He screamed loudly in pain but I headbutted him which caused him to fall flat on his face. I took the gun out from inside my jacket pocket and shot him between his eyes.

My eyes went again to Sia who was trying her best to fight back but her legs were severely injured. Another man had grabbed her by the shoulders and was trying to drag her away but she tried to resist as best as she possibly could. I started running in her direction, once again, only to be stopped by two more men coming to stand in my way.

My jaw ticked and I was so fucking close to snapping their necks. Both of them aimed their guns directly at my chest.

"What's the point of holding a gun if you're going to stand this close?" I asked and in a flash snatched their guns and pointed them at their heads.