13. NEVER MINE

"Sylvia, I hate saying this but I don't like you travelling back and forth to New York City, babygirl

"Sylvia, I hate saying this but I don't like you travelling back and forth to New York City, babygirl. Its not safe anymore for any of us to be out there without protection. The Aguillards are on our tails." dad stated with a stern expression on his face.

"And we're on theirs." I retorted.

"Sylvia." he warned as he heard my curt tone.

"I-I am sorry, dad." I sighed out, immediately feeling bad.

"What you both did was fucking immature, princess. He's a Don for fuck's sake and I thought we taught you better than that." he said with disapproval painted on his face.

Yes I told dad about our little, stupid deal. He was mad. Like really, really mad but he came around after a week and a half and thousands of 'I'm sorrys."

He still glared at Adrian, though, any chance he got.

"When is mom coming back?" I asked changing the topic.

Mom has started her own fashion brand five years ago and was splendid at what she did. A fashion show was coming up in about five days and so she was running around the house and her office like a headless chicken, barking orders and sipping on a hundred coffees everyday.

"Alright, I'll see you in the evening dad. I'm going to look for some buildings for my office today after work." I said jumping off the bar stool.

"Be safe and take the guards." he instructed followed by a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded and bid him goodbye before leaving the house. Another small concert is coming up the day after tomorrow night and as much as we all didn't feel up to the mark, we had to keep going. Ross would have never wanted for us to stop.

I park outside the Knight Corp and make my way inside. My nude heels clicked against the expensive, cream colored, marble floor as I walk with my chin high, greeting everybody on my way to the elevator.

I was running a hand down my black blouse and matching slacks when I felt a presence beside me

I was running a hand down my black blouse and matching slacks when I felt a presence beside me. I looked to my left to see Selena standing there with a grin and beautiful red dress.