♡ 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ♡

𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
6.4

Weeks seemed to blur past as the world does when one is in a car. As trees either blossomed in full flames of orange and yellow whilst others turned bare, the temperature just kept dropping. 

School became more stressful then what was necessary, as acceptance letters had already started rolling in, white envelopes or envelopes with school logo's imprinted on corners or, if they were flashy, in giant letters. 

(i know they usually come later and for ivy league, they have like ivy day or whatever but for the sake of the story they're here extra early) 

(Y / N) had been anxiously waiting for hers, only a few of her classmates getting theirs at this time. Every day when the mail came, she would thrift through the many letters and bills, only to find that they hadn't arrived yet. Well, in all fairness, it was only mid-November. Still, she couldn't help but rush to the poor mailman who was ambushed every day.

Exams had gone fairly well (and by that, they had gone brilliantly), and she was grateful for whatever Gods lived above that her mother was in LA for a good few months. If she was lucky, she might even make it to graduation and move out before she ever had to see her again. 

One could only wish. 

One particularly cold Saturday, a Saturday in which she had no plans, she got a call as she lounged on her couch, appreciating the slight bit of frost that began forming on the windows. Pausing the Studio Ghibli movie, ideal for cold mornings and coffee, she answered without looking at the caller ID, too distracted by the gorgeous animation displayed on the screen in front of her. 

"Hello?" She asked.

"I'm outside,"

"Uh-huh. Who is this and why are you outside? And by outside you mean...?"

"It's Iwaizumi, dumbass," Iwaizumi scoffed, the eye roll being heard in his words, "I'm in reception. I don't understand why your building has so much security, but they need to confirm that I'm actually here to see you,"

A few questions drifted around in her mind, but she was both too confused and focused on his words that she didn't really pay them mind, "Uh, yeah. Pass me over?"

Muffled noises came from his side, (Y/N) waiting patiently for, who she assumed would be Odasaku, to answer. 

As if on cue, his familiar voice greeted her, "(Y/N)?"

"Good morning to you, Oda," She smiled, "Mind letting my friend in?"

"Well, I just need complete confirmation, that's all. How do I know you're actually (Y/N)?"