⤷ 32| THE PARTING OF WAYS

chapter thirty-two : the parting of ways

☆ ☆ ☆

Dumbledore stood up. He stared down at Barty Crouch for a moment with disgust on his face. Then he raised his wand once more and ropes flew out of it, ropes which twisted themselves around Barty Crouch, binding him tightly.

He turned to Professor McGongagall. "Minerva, could I ask you to stand guard here while I take Harry and Juniper upstairs?"

"Of course," Professor McGonagall said. She looked slightly nauseous, as though she had just watched someone being sick. However, when she drew out her wand and pointed it at Barty Crouch, her hand was quite steady.

"Severus," Dumbledore turned to Snape, "please tell, Madam Pomfrey to come down here. We need to get Alastor Moody into the hospital wing. Then go down into the grounds, find Cornelius Fudge, and bring him up to the office. He will undoubtedly want to question Crouch himself. Tell him I will be in the hospital wing in half an hour's time if he needs me."

Snape nodded silently and swept out of the room.

"Harry? Juniper?" Dumbledore said gently.

Harry got up from where he had been sitting and June swung one of his arms around her neck since his leg was still hurting.

"I want you to come up to my office first, Harry, Juniper," Dumbledore said quietly, as they headed up the passageway. "The others are waiting for us there."

June nodded. She felt overwhelmed by all the information she had just gotten from Crouch and her parents. All she wanted to do now, was to go up to her dormitory and take a nap.

They reached the stone gargoyle and Dumbledore gave the password, it sprang aside, and the three of them went up the moving spiral staircase to the oak door. Dumbledore pushed it open.

Everyone — literally almost everyone June knew — stood there. Sirius, Remus, Nymphadora, Andromeda, Ted, Aubrey, Camille, Timothée, Liam, Draco, the twins, Angelina, Alicia, Lee, Molly, Hermione, Ron, Bill and Charlie.

June's eyes softened when her hazel eyes fell on him.

His face was still stained with tears, but he didn't say anything as he strode over to her and engulfed her in a tight hug. He was shaking as June hugged him back, rubbing his back gently.

"I thought I lost you." His voice was nothing more than a whisper.

"You haven't," June assured him, burying her head into his shoulder.

A second pair of arms were thrown around June as Nymphadora decided to join the hug.

"Don't ever scare me like that ever again, Junior," she breathed.