20. I learn about Sirius' past

A/n Holy shit! I definitely didn't think that people would want to tread this to actually get to chapter 20, thank you guys so much! I was going to write this chapter yesterday but I wasn't really feeling myself (I wasn't sick dont worry).
When remus and Sirius have a phone call it will be in texting format cause that's just easier.mentions of abuse!!!!⚡

Remus pov

I was just putting my book down as my phone went off. That's weird it's nearly 3:30 in the morning. I picked up my phone and saw that it was Padfoot, the only other time he texted me this early in the morning was when he had a panic attack. I figured it was important.

My valentine👾

Fuck
Ur prolly not even awake rn
Sorry to bother u

No pads I'm still awake
What's wrong

Promise u won't think it's stupid

Pinky promise 🤞🏼

Ok but can I call you?

Sure

~~~

I got an incoming call from padfoot, he has never asked to call me yet which kind of surprised me which I'm glad about. I hate calling people it much easier to just text.

I pick up the phone hoping everything was okay. *a/n I'm writing this with Sirius in bold and Remus italics and what hes thinking will be normal format*

Right away I hear a little sniffle on padfoot side of the phone letting me know instantly he has been crying. Fuck.

"Hey pads what's wrong"

"You promise you wont laugh and think its stupid" another sniffle

"I solemnly swear that I, Moony, will not think that it is stupid and will not laugh" after that I heard him let out a sigh and a some sort of breathy laugh.

"Well I umm sorta had a nightmare and I know it's super childish but..... but.... I just..... I dont know" he let it out super fast with another sigh at the end I felt a pang of hurt go straight to my heart.

"Hey pads it's not childish, just take a deep breath. Are you ready, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale" I was also taking deep breaths knowing that if he heard me doing it to it would calm him down a bit more.

"Now why dont you drink some water, then you can tell me what your nightmare was about. Does that sound okay? "

"Mmhmm" then I hear him move around a little bit and when everything goes quite again I worry he hung up, but then he let's out another deep breath.

"Okay so umm are you ready?"

"Yep"

"Well before I lived with prongs *little sniffle* I lived with my so-called mother and father and of course my little brother, who I absolutely love. My mother and father always favored him because he would listen, but lots of times they refused to let me eat at the table with them, I would have starved to death if it wasn't for my little brother who would sneak food to my room at night. This was only when I didnt listen to them that they would do this. When I was really bad my father would come"
His voice trembled a bit as he stammered on. "M-my father h-he would come and beat me" he sobbed again my heart ached for him, I just wished I could give him a hug and make everything okay for him.

"Oh padfoot I'm so glad your living with prongs now, they're definitely not your parents"

"Well not since they disowned me" he says it like it's a mouthful of broccoli and dissatisfaction. "Thanks for listening to me and calming me down a bit"

"Happy to help"

"You have a hot morning voice you know that?" I can practically hear him smiling through the phone. It still made me blush a bit.

"Yeah, yeah, you too, now go to bed and get some sleep you big dork" I smile a bit really hearing his voice for the frist time.

"Night Moony"

"Night pads"