47. The Skating Date

A/n I just read over the first chapter of this story again and wtf why did y'all wanna keep reading? It's so bad!

^as you can see it the picture, it's not Brinks that's Tanner. I don't own him but I work with him and stuff and I kinda like this picture so yeah!

Song of the chapter: Killer Queen ~Queen

Paisley's pov

I knew I shouldn't have asked to go with Remus when he asked Sirius to go skating with him. But it's been so long since I've skated, especially now that I moved and they don't have a girls hockey team.

I couldn't resist.

Hopefully me and Sirius will become friends too. I don't think I gave him the greatest first impression.

~time skippy doo da because everything else is boring~

I got in my car to drive to Remus' house so we could drive together to pick Sirius up and all go to the rink for open skate.

As I was going down the road with y'all trees on both sides I turned my music up and blasted Mind Over Matter by Young the Giant.

A little farther ahead of me I see a deer standing between the trees. I slow to a stop and I turn the music down and roll my window down. We stare at each other for awhile.

He runs off but not before I finish counting the prongs on his antlers. He was a ten pointer with a broad chest.

I smile as I roll my window back up and crank up the radio.

Once I get to Remus' house I grab my skates out of the passenger side and make my way to the door.

I knock and Hope answers. "Paisley? Is it really you?!" She brings me in for a big hug.

Normally hugs make me uncomfortable unless someone asks me first and I say it's okay or if I initiate it. Hope was the only one I always wanted a hug from.

"Hi Hope!" I smile pulling away from her.

"My goodness girl you have grown into a beautiful you lady." She beams at me. "I s'pose your here for Remus but you'll have to come over soon so we can have a girls night."

Before they moved Hope was basically my mom and we would have girls nights. She came to all of my hockey games. She thought me about what to do on my period. She was there for my first Cush (turns out it wasn't a crush and I don't really like anyone like that). She knew almost everything.

"Of course!"

Remus comes out with a coat in his hands "are you ready?" He asks.

"Yup!" I give Hope one last hug and we head out the door to Remus' car.

On our way to Sirius' house we blast Alien Blues by Vundabar.

Once we get to Sirius' house Remus goes to get Sirius as I get out so move to the back seat so they can sit next to each other.

~at the rink~

"You have you own skates?" Sirius looks at me curiously.

"Umm yeah, I've had 'em for a bit." I smile at him.

I look at Remus and he shakes his head at me and laughs. Sirius stands up and offers Remus a hand and I get onto the ice first.

I skate a couple strides loving the feeling of being back in my skates. I turn around to face the other two and I laugh as I see Sirius' mouth hanging open.

I smirk and skate fast towards them stopping right in front spaying them with snow.

"You know how to skate?!" Sirius says with surprise clearly in his voice.

"Yup!"

"How!?"

"Well Black, first you gotta kinda bend your knees with your chest up. Kinda like sitting is a chair, then you push with one leg then the other." I smile at him.

"Thats not what I meant" he laughs.

"Used to play at my old school." I state simply.

"Hockey?" He questions.

"Do these look like figure skates?"

"Nah." He smiles. "Wanna race?"

"Your on" I smile back at him.

"Okay" Remus pipes in "I'll judge the race, first one to far blue line and back to me wins."

"Okay" we say in unison.

"3, 2, 1, go!" Remus sets us off.

I dig my skates in and push as hard with my lags as I can, I'm a bit taller than Sirius with longer legs so I can use that to my advantage. I stop hard on the blue line and I'm already skating away as Sirius stops. I get to Remus first with Sirius not far behind.

"Close race but Paisley wins!" Remus announced as other skaters looked over at us confused.

"Do I get a prize?" I ask hopefully.

Remus fishes around in his pocket and pulls out a chocolate bar, he offers it to me. I take it and start opening it right away.

"What about second place winner?" Sirius whines playfully. I see Remus smile softly at him.

"This." Remus takes his hands and pulls hime close towards his body. He brings his face close to Sirius' and gives him a light peck on the forehead.

"Awe that's so cute, I think I'm gonna be sick." I say, voice dripping with sarcasm. I truly am happy for Remus.

"You take that back!" Remus try's to skate towards me but almost falls, Sirius grabs his arm and puts it around his shoulders.

"Easy there Rem" Sirius says smile at Remus.

After that Sirius and I try teaching Remus how to skate (doesn't go very well).

Once we are done skating we head to Sirius' house and watch a movie. After awhile Remus and I head out and eat dinner at his house with Hope.

Once I get home I shower and change then head to bed.

It was a great day and Sirius doesn't hate me anymore. I'd consider it a good day.