33. something actually happens

a/n wow okay so another update really soon... crazy, anyways so I've kinda put this chapter off twice and I think something needs to happen to finally get this story going and stuff. I am officially naming my dog Brinks the mascot of this story so expect a picture every chapter. Happy reading!

Remus pov (monday at school)

Fuck.

I see Sirius standing there laughing at something James had said, his head thrown back and a smile as bright as the moon. Sirius shoved James backward I thought that he was going to fall. He didn't, he found his balance just in time and when he did he looked up to see me staring.

Great.

James says something to Sirius making him turn around to see me, we make eye contact and he gives me a nervous smile and I return it. Well no going back now.

I start walking towards him a little fast at first but I slow down not wanting to rush. James says something else that I cant hear. Sirius just nods at him and he walks off somewhere, leaving me and Sirius to talk alone.

"I'm sorr-" we both say at the same time making us both laugh nervously. I see him shift his weight from one foot to the other and start chewing his bottom lip, I also notice that he is fidgeting with one of the rings on his finger spinning and taking it off to put it back on again. I fiddle with the sleeve of my sweater and run a hand through my already kinda messy hair.

"You go first" he says looking back up at me, grey eyes meeting mine.

"I'm sorry for overreacting and yelling at you when you did nothing wrong it was really stupid of me and I hope you can forgive me for being a dumbass"

His eyes are widened with shock "oh Remus  I'm the one who's sorry I shouldn't have been so nosey its your life not mine and I should have respected your boundaries I hope that you can forgive me"

"if you really want to make it up to me how bout we go to the coffee shop in Gordrics hollow but this time not to study, possibly tomorrow at 3?" now dont ask me where I got the courage to practically ask Sirius Black on a date but I did.

"Great it's a date" He winked and walked away.