43. The game

A/n ummm....heyyy it's been a minute since I've last updated but for what it's worth I've been busy so yeah I'm here now. Um that's me and Brinks at a costume contest he was a rufferee and me a referee, we won btw. I just crossed out my face for obvious reasons and not that I don't trust y'all but ya know. Okay to the story also why did I leave off in such a bad part?

Remus pov

When I get to the ice rink I find a seat next to lily on the bleachers, we sit on a blanket to cushion our butts on the hard bleachers along with a blanket over our laps. I'm wearing a sweater with a coat and some gloves and a hat to keep my ears warm. Despite that and having a cup of hot chocolate I still shiver a bit. Maybe I'm a wuss but I have never liked the cold.

Music starts blaring and the teams hit the ice for some warm ups and the sound of pucks hitting the glass and boards fills my ears.

After shooting and passing and doing what looks like 2-on-one, they pick the pucks back up and push the nets to the side and the players head back to the locker room so the Zamboni can flood the ice. (Smooth it back over)

After the Zamboni is done the players come back out and the national anthem is played and the starting lineup is announced.

James takes the face off and wins the puck, he passes it back to Sirius who's on defense. Sirius looks up ice to the right wing on the board and he then skates it up as James heads to the net open for a pass. He gets the puck and scores.

The whole crowd cheers and the team in green is pissed.

The next face off the snakes get the puck and dump it into our zone, one of the green players try's to stand in front of our goalie but Sirius comes next to him and pushes him out of the was so the goalie can see the play.

By the end of the first period it was 3-1 and we were winning, hopefully it will stay that way.

The second period started and 5 minutes later the snakes scored again making it 3-2. Not long after though we scored again ending the second period 4-2.

In the third period we scored two more times and Sirius doing a great job playing defense didn't let them get past him to score again. The ending score being 6-2.

I waited in the lobby for Sirius to come out so I could congratulate him. Lily waited with me to "keep me company" were her words but I knew she wanted to see James.

25 minutes later Sirius and James come out at the same time with huge smiles on their faces.

They walked over to us and Sirius gave me a hug while James and lily awkwardly high-fived each other.

We decided on going out to dinner for pizza together, Me, James, and Sirius went together considering my car was at their house and lily drove to there separately and meet us at the restaurant.

On the car ride there we blasted we are the champions by Queen and singing our hearts out and laughing.

~~~at the restaurant~~~

We slide into a booth me sitting next to Sirius and lily next to James, we order a regular sized pizza for all of us to share.

"You guys played great" I say nudging Sirius with my elbow.

He leans his shoulder into my side " thanks Rem for coming to watch"

I put my arm around him to keep him closer "I only came to watch you" I whisper into his ear.

He turns bright red and smiles as he try's to play it cool by taking a big sip of his lemonade, maybe to big of a sip. He swallows and starts coughing up a fit. I pat him on the back a bit till he stops coughing.

"Swallowed down the wrong pipe" he says with a hoarse voice.

"I know what you could swallow down the right pipe" I say winking at him making him cough some more as he plays it off once again. This time his execution a little better.

Our pizza comes and we eat and talk and laugh some more until we are done and ready to go home.  We pay and say goodbye to lily and head back to James' and Sirius' home.

On the way home we listen to some more Queen this time it was I want to break free, leading Sirius to say how we should re-create the music video to it and James agreeing full heartedly.

We get to their house and I say my goodbyes and I head home.

A/n sorry for those who don't know much about hockey I hope it wasn't to confusing and sorry that there wasn't much dialogue, wasn't really feeling it and if you've never seen the music video for I want to break free that is your homework assignment and you better go do that rn! And again sorry it took so long for this to happen<3