44. Paisley

A/n I'm on break for the rest of this week due to thanksgiving so I figured I would get a chapter out for y'all and introduce the new character!

This is her personality or aesthetic:

Normally I wouldn't do that but sense I made her up, I did spend the time to make it and as you get to know her the pictures will make sense

Normally I wouldn't do that but sense I made her up, I did spend the time to make it and as you get to know her the pictures will make sense. ALSO!!! I'm trying something new, when I'm writing a chapter I shuffle play my playlist called "the mess in my head" I'll tell y'all what the first song that came on was and I encourage you to listen to it! Todays is: sweater weather - the neighborhood

Remus pov

Today was like any other Monday morning, I was dreading getting out off bed and into the cold air of outside my thick comforter. I lift my blankets and allow my feet to carry my tired ass to the bathroom so I can start to get ready for the day.

I check my phone to see the time and notice that someone texted me, I open it up and see it's from and old friend I haven't seen or talked to in awhile.

Paisley🌼

Hey remmy!
It's been awhile, how's it going?

Its going alright
How are you?

I'll fill you in when I see you

What?

~~~

After that she never responded leaving me very confused, Paisley used to be my best friend but then she moved and I haven't seen her in 3 years.

Not thinking much about what she said I grabbed my keys and headed to school.

~~~time skippy~~~

I was sitting in Mrs. Mcgonagalls classroom talking to Sirius and James before the bell rang.

"I'd like to introduce the new student and I would appreciate if someone helped her out for the day. This is-"

By this time I had turned around in my seat "Paisley?!" I shouted as my jaw dropped.

"Hey Remmy!" She excitedly waved to me.

I stood up as fast as I could and walked/ran towards her, I hugged her by wrapping my arms around her waist and picking her up to spin her in a circle.

"Mr. Lupin, as nice as this is I would like it if you please sat down so I can start class" Mcgonagall stated it a stern voice.

I smiled at Paisley grabbing her hand and walking back to my seat and having her take the empty one next to me.

As the bell rang ending class, I stood up and grabbed Paisleys hand. "Will you help me find my locker?" She asks looking up at me with a huge smile.

"Yeah hang on" I turned to face Sirius who was staring at us, most likely confused on how I know her. "I'll catch up with you later!" I say to him and he just nods.

"So are you gonna tell me what you're going here Pais?" I ask as I turn back to her and we head out to the hallway.

"My parents moved for a business thing and I didn't wanna go with them so I came back to live with my grandma." She states as she swings our hands back and forth.

"How long will you be here for?" I'm hoping she won't leave till at least this school year is over.

"Two years, if I'm still living with my grandma and don't move out right away." I smile at the response as I internally celebrate. I'm not ready to say goodbye to her after she's been gone for so long.

"What are you even putting in here?" I ask as we get to her locker.

"Some snacks." She says as she pulls out some chocolate bars, pretzels, and mini chip bags. " if you ever need anything here's the combo" she handed me a post-it-note with the 4 numbers.

"Thanks Pais" I say as I but the paper in the back of my phone case where I won't lose it.

"If you finish a snack then you have to replace it with something though" she grabs my hand and bumps my shoulder with hers as we start walking to her next class.

after I dropped her off I headed to my own class when Sirius came up to me. "Who is she? Are you guys a thing? How do you know her?"

"Why are you jealous?" I laughed at him shaking my head as his eyes went wide.

"No I'm just..." he paused "I'm just curious is all." He stammered as he looked at the floor.

"Her name is Paisley Day, we did date once but decided to be just friends, and we grew up together but she had moved and now she's here." I answered all of his questions but the look on his face told me he had at least a million more.

"Look Siri, I have to get to class. I'll talk to you later, yeah?" I said look down at him.

"Yeah okay" he sounded a little off but I didn't have time to dwell on it much as I rushed to my class, barely making it on time.