26. brace yourself

a/n  I am currently trying not to scream due to a random burst of energy. I really did try to write angst but it's not that great, sorry. Anyways happy reading!

Remus pov At the nurses office laying in a bed

"Remus can you please tell me what happened?" Sirius had insisted on staying with me which was very sweet of him but I really didn't want to tell him what happened.

"I dont want to talk about it" I gave him a pleading look but this boy was very persistent.

"Can you at least tell me who it was?"

"No Sirius, end of discussion" I made my voice more firm and assertive hoping that would get him to shut up. Unfortunately that was not the with him.

"Why cant you tell me what happened?" He reached and grabbed my hand "Remus I just want to help" his voice sounded a little strained but I didn't care about what he wanted.

I took my hand away from his and raised my voice a little louder than I had intended "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WANT YOUR HELP!" His whole body seemed to have shrunk. But I didn't stop there, I was to angry with him, with Severus, with my Dad, with the world, and even with myself.

My head dropped as tears started running down my cheeks  "if I told you what happened you would hate me too and you'd want to never talk to me again" my voice came out smaller than I wanted but I could tell he had heard me.

He finally looked up at me "how do you know what I want?" His voice was full of hurt.

That's what made me so angry, the fact that he was the one who was hurting. Then I lost it "BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, YOU PRETEND TO CARE WHEN IT BENEFITS YOU BUT WHEN IT GETS TO DIFFICULT YOU'LL JUST LEAVE! Just like everyone else"

He sat there  for a second not saying anything. He was on the verge of tears. When he finally spoke it was in a quiet sad voice "I promise that I wont leave you"

"That's the thing about promises, they break. Dont make a promise you cant keep!" I spat the words out like venom.

"What are you trying to say?"

"What I'm saying is LEAVE and dont talk to me anymore!"

"Remus I-"

I SAID LEAVE AND DONT EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!" It hurt me to yell at him but it was better to make someone leave yourself than have them walk out on you.

He reluctantly got out of his chair and walked to the door but before leaving he turned to look at me as sadness took over his face "just for the record, I would stay no matter how difficult and the only reason I'm leaving is because you asked me too. I would do anything for you"

Then he left.

A/n I might edit this later when I have the writing creativity juice I'm me and I'm also not half asleep