CHAPTER 3

Arabella :

It had been a year since I finished college, and quite honestly it made me miss mother Grace the more.

She had always been there for me  regardless of the fact that she doesn't owe me anything and she had no obligations whatsoever to me.

Over the times I depended on her always been there no matter the challenges that popped up my way but death just had to go and knock.

Sometimes I lay on my bed  wondering what I did so wrong for life to continously punish me the way it did, If only it took everything else but mother Grace I would have been grateful except that wasn't the case.

Living in a world where you were basically all you had was difficult and made me wish for something special at every turn,  but over the years I had learnt not to lean on anyone emotionally,  Mother Grace's absence made that one lesson stick in mind.

I stopped doing that, and I also stopped expecting a special someone because now it's clear that I was going to be the old lady with cats in the neighborhood.

Now, if I was going to be the old lady in the neighborhood then I needed money to adopt the cats and to adopt the cats I needed money and to get money I needed a job and to get the job I needed to be bold enough to speak up to the outstandingly beautiful men that sat before me.

Now the only issue was they'd spent the last couple of minutes staring at me and quite honestly it was making me loose the little confidence I had going for me.

I was nothing special, I felt fat, my hair was too long for my liking but I couldn't bring myself to cut it because I felt it was the only unique thing in my life.

My skin was too white and pale,  i had really red lips that never required the use of lipstick like normal girls did.

At twenty four I was still a virgin who had  never even had a kiss from anyone,  I was jobless and now I had absolutely nothing because my things got snatched from me.

 The little one room I was staying at was no longer mine because the landlord had decided to sell the building to some billionaire,  of course I couldn't blame the man because he was only making earns meet but now that subsequently rendered me homeless.

If I didn't get this job then I would have no option than to go back to the orphanage, maybe I could beg for a roof over my head then I could work there as a cleaner or cook, as long as I could keep surviving.

But then that would be selfish of me, going back there would mean one more mouth to feed, and I would be taking up the space of some kid out there.

I really needed this job but how was I supposed to tell them that I didn't even have my credentials and stuff, how was anyone supposed to take me seriously if all they had was my word to go by.

      "Why should we hire you Arabella?"
Someone's deep voice resonated in the room causing me to look up at the beauties sat before me,  how were they still patient enough to hear me out Considering that I had witnessed those other women come out in foul moods merely seconds after stepping in here.

Well it wasn't in my place to ask any unnecessary questions, instead I needed to get this job so I could give back to the orphanage and get a roof over my head.

 I cleared my throat and began speaking even if I knew I was just a step away from passing out.

      "I know that I might seem unserious or unprepared for this interview and I Promise there is a valid reason for that but I will not dive into that for the sake of our time"

Hopefully that made me sound reasonable.

      "You have somewhere else to be?  A boyfriend perhaps?"
The one at the far end interrupted with his unfounded assumption.

 A boyfriend?  I wish.  

But I couldn't blame him for assuming that I had one considering the fact that I made it seem like I had other places to be.

    " No Sir, I have no where else to be and definitely no man in my life"
I explained even if I don't understand why I was explaining anything to them.

     "Oh,  sorry for assuming wrongly then, You can call me River,  he's Storm-" He gestured to the one whose striking silver orbs hadn't stopped analyzing me .

    "and he's Valley"
He finished the introduction which made me turn to the one who hadn't spoken a word since I stepped feet in here, he had the exact kind of striking silver orbs but now that I was thinking about it they all had silver eyes and looked identical to each other.

     Of course they do, they are triplets for crying out loud.

My subconscious scolded my slow ability to grasp the little things around me.

Now that I was coming to, their names where related to one weather or another, how ironic because I had a name that close too,   the mere realization had me smiling to myself because if only my classmates could hear that I wasn't weird for bearing a name like mine.

       "you are River,  you are Storm and you are Valley,   I'm Rain"
I blurted out before bursting into fits of laughter that quickly died out when I realized the foolishness I just exhibited before people whose time I had wasted far too much already.

I cleared my throat before tucking stray strands of hair behind my ear and whispering a quick sorry because I didn't want them thinking I was a maniac.

   "I'm sorry,   uhmm...
you asked why you should hire me, Well I'm not going to sit and swear that I've got experience in the job specifications when I clearly don't, but I know I am a hard worker, and I am able to blend into any working environment regardless of its nature, I am an efficient person and I try to pride myself as a Patient person in all I do Sirs. "

Deep down I know that was the most awful thing anyone in my situation should say but do you blame me?, the three of them made me feel some type of way and that's saying a lot because I barely let men affect me,  but these were the most handsome men i had ever set eyes on,   they made my stomach tangle in knots,   my heart has been attempting to beat out of my chest,   my face was definitely crimson red by now and my hands have been sweaty. How else was I suppo-

  "You got the Job Bella, you get an apartment right below our penthouse,  you get an allowance aside from your salary, you get to be on leave sometime but we'll have to work that out, you go wherever we go and you do whatever we tell you to."
Storm said standing and coming around the time with the rest right on his tail trailing towards me.

I got the job?, how?  I mean how?

I didn't even do anything, I wasn't qualified for this by all standards so how was this possible,  how did it happen?

Act more, ask later  was all my subconscious could say.

 And still in a daze I jumped out of my sit and before I realized what I'd done I had already jumped on him and somehow managed to pull the rest to me in a hug I didn't know I needed till I felt them rub my skin wherever was available in a comforting manner that somehow aided the tears to pour down my face.

They not only gave me a job,  but they also gave me a roof over my head,    I don't know what I did to deserve this blessing but I planned on spending the rest of my life working hard and showing them how grateful I am.

*********************************
Hey babies
Comments ✍️✍️
Votes ⭐⭐
And stay beautiful or handsome...
That's all you gotta do for me