CHAPTER 6

The following morning true to her decision she focused solely on been the perfect personal assistant.

She woke up that morning, freshened up, changed into the simple one piece she'd seen on the sofa and then prepared breakfast for everyone.

At least if they were letting her stay, mates or not she needed to do the little things for them.

After making breakfast, she proceeded in cleaning the house and   by the time she had finished her chores the kings had woken up to a clean house and a served breakfast.

A gesture they appreciated but made her promise never to do anything ever again.

  Later on Stella had dropped by and brought in some clothes with the promise that she was going to take Arabella shopping.

As soon as she had changed they made their way over to the office where  they  showed her a sit right in the center of the room, facing her mates,  a mahogany desk as smooth as theirs and a really comfy executive chair, she had made a point of unconsciously rolling and bouncing around like the overgrown baby she was, much to the annoyance of Stella who had been trying to teach her the ropes.

Finally she had gotten a hang of what she was expected to do,   filing, taking notes,  creating corresponding schedules,  taking calls and arranging meetings. She had begun with arranging files then successfully arranging a meeting and taking quite reasonable notes  that earned her a lot of praises from Valley who was incredibly proud of their mate.

Speaking of mates, Arabella  had noticed that although she wasn't close to them, or hadn't spent a lot of time with them, they seemed to be giving her a little space,  so far they had made sure to provide her with everything, even went as far buying her lunch and making her eat everything, then forced her into getting some sleep.

Sweet as those gestures were they had still refused to acknowledge her as their mate and she had equally maintained her unblissful ignorance,  if they hadn't even tried having the conversation then she was going to let them be.

Right now she was on her way to the middle floor to go print somethings out for her bosses but her journey was cut short by the man who had spent the last five minutes staring creepily at her.

He had bumped into her and was kind enough to help her up and equally arranged the documents that had gone flying in every direction, but as thankful as she was, she really wished he didn't make it a point of duty to stare like he had never seen a woman before.

Finally she  arrived at the printing room with him still following carefully behind her,   and in as much as she appreciated his help she had never been one to entertain people staring at her in that manner and she wasn't about to start.

     "Excuse me sir but may I help you?,  I mean you must  have other places to be"
She asked turning to face the man who was beginning to creep her out.

   "oh no,  you are more important beautiful "
He replied smirking smugly

   "It's Arabella Sir and please I'm uncomfortable with the way you are staring at me,  if you'll excuse me"
But before she could turn away from him, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her to himself in a way that made her loose her footing  for a moment.

"You are a lovely girl Bella,  I'd love to know you some more that's if you don't mind"
He whispered with a slight lick of her ears.

  "That will not be necessary seeing as she definitely does mind"
The deep and monotonous voice of River reverberated through the room causing the creepy fellow to jump away from her which caused her to loose her balance but was quick enough to hold unto the printer.

As soon as she caught her self she turned and ran behind River whose eyes were changing between their striking Silver and a sharp gold.

River who had for some reason followed her was having a mental battle with his Lycan about ripping the human's head off but he also knew that reacting some type of way would help Arabella figure out they were mates,  except she knew that already.

After a while and a whole lot of bribe,  River was able to convince his beast that death was too good for this man who dared lay hands on the woman that  was theirs,  instead he  agreed that they would serve him what was best for him just not in the presence of Arabella.

With that solemn promise he turned and lifted Her shaking form bridal style before rushing back to their office so she could get the comfort she needed.

Once in their office, the rest didn't need to be told because they saw it all, their beasts were all on edge,  they wanted blood and they wanted it in that moment,  but the only thing holding them back was their mate, if she saw them like that then convincing her was going to be harder than they thought. So they decided to wait,  surely that man was going to get what was coming to him.

Meanwhile Arabella had run into the bathroom and washed her face,  she wasn't going to cry because she knew that man didn't deserve her tears,  she knew that Been mated to these three males meant he was going to get what was coming to him and she had no plans of stopping their plans for him.

Alpha Males as dominant as themselves didn't need to accept their mates before their beasts claimed possession, it was that simple.

Once she felt relieved she left the rest room and walked into her office and straight to her desk,    ignoring the three fuming and raging Kings who weren't finding it funny with her reluctance and carefreeness.

They had hoped that she would at least talk about it but to their utmost disbelief, Arabella wasn't one to open up about emotions like that.

Spending close to six years alone had a way of messing with your ability to talk feelings
Because the mind and body were used to doing the talking, the processing and the fixing,    hence her lack of interest in having the conversation.

Besides regardless of all the times she spent visiting mother Grace, their was only so much she could tell the woman who still had the responsibility of caring for the kids in the home.

After arranging their schedules and cross checking with them,  she pulled out her laptop and continued to reply the emails.
Ignoring the burning stares she was getting from certain mates.

She knew it wasn't going to be easy but she could do it.

She would continue to live the best way she knew how even though she was trying to be a better person.

It was the only way she knew that would help her grow without  breaking her further than she was already broken.