CHAPTER 36

RIVER

We had made sure that she had fallen asleep before we each laid around her individually lost in our own thoughts till we fell asleep.

Between the sun streaming in through the window and Bella peppering kisses on every body part available, I didn't know what exactly woke me today but I was thankful regardless especially with the way she was radiating of unspeakable joy and glowing effortless.

Then she turned to face me and that was when I caught sight of her now Amatrine Amethyst colored eyes, pride and amazement swelled in my heart at the realization that she had been accepted by every living entity in our world and they were ready to live and die for her.

The colour of the zones visible within the ametrine specs are due to unwavering  belief that our people will always protect and lay down their lives and for that I was beyond elated.

I could see that she had even gotten ready for the day and she seemed to be struggling with brushing through her long hair that now seemed really livelier and softer, thankfully Valley had decided to help her so I went over and pecked her lips before turning away so I could go do my morning routine and get ready for the day considering how mother has been trying to breach my mind since who knows.

Close to an hour later we all filed out and began walking to the pack house Considering the fact that Bella chose to eat with our people today, secretly we were actually happy that she had made that decision seeing as the last time she was there had an undesired outcome.

A while later we arrived and each took a sit with Bella sat between Valley and I while Storm sat beside Valley, I could feel the relief that blossomed in the air and the admiration that flowed from them towards Bella and for that I was beyond thankful.

Breakfast had been going quite peaceful till Alvida whose absence I hadn't noticed sauntered into the room till she was standing directly opposite Bella who still acted non charlant.

       "ignore her Bella"
I sent her through our link to which she smiled mischievously at me.

     "So, You thought completing the mating process would change the outcome of all of this"
I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a question or statement but I watched as Bella stopped eating and looked up at Alvida.

If it wasn't for the fact that this was our custom and tradition, or the fact that we had absolutely no choice in the matter I would have ended this a long time ago.
It was no secret how much she had disrespected us at every given turn but I was letting it slide, mostly because I knew the time would come when we would get to punish her for her actions.

Honestly I wish we'd reviewed certain traditions when we ascended the throne, if we had then the challenge should have been called null and void now that we had mated her, or we should have considered marking and mating as soon as we found her but no, we had let time pass enough to leave room for something so stupid.

      A while had passed but no one said anything before Bella looked around then back at Alvida.
       "oh. I was supposed to answer that? "
She retorted in fake confusion.

   "it doesn't matter if you do, you just need to know that when I come out victorious you will be experiencing shame and rejection of course considering their mark would be on none other than yours truly while you wallow in shame and loss"

How did we not see the darkness in her before we ever got involved with someone like her. 

Yes she had a valuable point, if she somehow managed to win she would receive our Mark and that would instantly wipe away that of Arabella.
Rules like this were made in case a King's mate was considered unfit to rule by his side as queen, that way stronger females could challenge her position whether she had the King's mark or not.

If only we had made better decisions we would have been in better situations than this, surely Bella wouldn't be enduring such disrespect and the mere thought had us all growling and trying our hardest to hold our beasts back.

   "Relax Boys I got this, get everyone else to calm down, I don't want this ending before the fun begins."
And without hesitation we were listening to the love of our lives, trying to calm really down cause I for one was on edge and I honestly admired Alvidas boldness and guts.

    "You are worrying your pretty head about the wrong things and I for one think it's not right, we already have a time and place which is tomorrow, so how about you and your little gang of cheerleaders come get a taste of this, yeah? "

I watched as everyone erupted into cheers and laughter, while the teenagers whistled and boo'd at Alvida.  my brothers and I were in a worse situation because we had began shifting uncomfortably in our sits, trying and failing to shift our pants to a less tightening spot.

    "Can we get out of here already? "
I unintentionally whined into the link earning a cheeky grin from the main source of my current problem.

    "Enjoy it while it lasts cause it won't be for long"
Was she still standing there?  Thankfully she began walking away all the while snarling at anyone in her way.

Thankfully before I could repeat my question I watched as Valley swiftly turned her towards him and without warning he flung her over his shoulder and rushed out the room that now filled with laughter and myself not  being particularly interested in missing any part of this process followed suit with Storm right behind me.

*******************************
Hey guys,

Hope you are good and staying safe?

So this was a filler chapter and a little informative.

Please share your thoughts with me.