CHAPTER 10

THE AZILLIAN KINGS :

They had lived two months already with their mates but yet they had no concrete plans as to how to remove themselves from the bad decision they had made in their haste to have an heir.

Just as expected Alvida had announced the "Great News" to whoever cared to listen and as a result even their parents had heard of their choice to marry the insufferable woman.

Their parents were deeply displeased by their choice but they decided to support them regardless,  hence the reason they had been pressurizing them to come home so they could begin the process of marriage and mating.

The Kings weren't particularly interested in starting that process by any means so they ignored everyone from that end  in hopes that they could figure something out before they end up loosing their mate.

Now it wasn't about ending things with Alvida, it was about doing whatever it takes to avoid a challenge that was prone to happen if they didn't do it properly

Alvida was the kind of woman who was power hungry.  So taking away a position such as the one they had offered her on a platter was a straight ticket to bringing out the serpent in her.   Most especially if she saw their mate unfit for the position.

So they'd figured that they needed to propose something Alvida couldn't resist hence the reason they had invited her over.

Upon stepping foot into the office she had tried to make sure that everyone saw her as high and indestructible hence the reason they had quickly asked Arabella to escuse them.

Surely they didn't want their mate meeting the woman they had unintentionally replaced her with.

The conversation had been going good till Alvida had demanded that all she was going to ask was for them to pleasure her and she was going to leave to never come back again.

Of course it was a very good offer to them hence they had decided against better judgment to carry on with fulfilling her desire except for the unannounced presence of their mate who stood mortified and rather hurt at the door.

In between her shock and unbelief of what her eyes had seen she still managed to deliver the errand that Stella had sent her,   River had tried to say something but she had been quick to shut him down and walked away.

Valley who sat in his chair unbothered by Alvidas presence earlier leaped out of his sit and through the door screaming her name but obviously she had already left the building.

He had returned spotting the kind of rage that could make the strongest of Warriors piss their pants,  Alvida who had seen and felt his rage  quickly sank on her knees and bowed her head to him in submission.

While Storm and River were beyond borderline enraged at what had happened,    even if they wanted to fix things this was no way to do it.

How were they supposed to face her again after what they had done and what she had witnessed,   of course they were no fools and they knew that even the meekest of souls had moments of unforgiveness.

        "LEAVE THIS INSTANT ALVIDA AND NEVER RETURN,  YOU ARE UNFIT TO BE QUEEN AND YOU WILL NEVER BE"

Came River's raging voice, all the while fighting his beast who was struggling to surface so he could make a good meal out of the female who had angered their mate.  A mate he knew he didn't deserve.

Hastily Alvida had picked her bag and sprung out of the office and out of the building leaving behind extremely enraged Kings in her wake.

Some Hours later they'd been called by her personal guard that she was found sitting in some park, soaking in the rain amidst endless tears of sorrow and sadness.

Quick as they could they had arrived just in time to see her soaked and frozen, struggling between going unconscious and staying alert.

This wasn't what they wanted hence instinctively they had tried rushing over to care for her as they should have in the first place but were stopped by a still seething Valley whose eyes were glowing and striking blue encased in hews of golden.

       "YOU HAVE DONE ENOUGH FOR ONE DAY, I WILL NOT LET YOU GO ANY CLOSER TO HER"

He boomed into the cold air causing his brothers to bow their heads in shame and regret,  Valley was never one to care or show emotions,  he was the distant one but somehow in this moment he was the who cared most for their mate and showed it even at such a time as they had found themselves.

Impossible as it seemed the both brothers nodded and took a step back, showing him that they understood and had no plans of doing any worse than they had done.

Valley nodded in appreciation then turned and lifted their mate from the bench, then he began  running through the woods to the direction that seemed fastest to their home.

Once he'd gotten home, he'd changed her into proper clothes, blow dried her hair the safest he could manage in the position she was laid,  then he placed his hands on her forehead and began absorbing as much pain as he could from her soul and body.

Once he was satisfied with the state she was in, he bent over and placed a soft kiss on her forehead before he walked away and went to the kitchen so he could get something to eat.

Meanwhile Storm and River had arrived home and were sat silently in the living room, even the weakest of men could have handled the situation better, it seemed like the world was ending on them.

They had acted unfair so while they were busy chastising themselves for their actions and suddenly felt the pain that was emanating from Valley, and although it was from him they could tell it wasn't he's.

This was the pain she was feeling and even in her unconscious state. her mind couldn't bring itself to shut down.

Upon realization Storm picked the closest Vase to him and flung it straight at the  Television while River sat there quietly thinking about his actions and reminiscing all the times she would smile at him,  those moments when she stood at the balcony watching the sunset and looking so ethereal.  

Unknown to him tears had trailed down his face, surely this wasn't the love he had sworn he was going to show his mate when he found her.

   So with nothing else to say he left the house and drove back to the office,  he felt unworthy of being in the same roof as her and he swore that he would spend forever showing her how much she meant to him.

Storm on the other hand kept shattering things till Valley had walked in and held him down,  he had become exhausted so he sat on the floor dejectedly holding tight to Valley and shedding tears of regrets,  he never meant for any of this to happen but somehow it had happened.

He had sworn before every living and dead god that this was the last time she was going to cry because of them.

      "Do you think she knew?"
He had asked Valley without needing to explain further what he meant.

      "She wouldn't have reacted that way if she didn't"
Valley replied not bothering to raise his voice.

      "We need to fix this soon,   I can't believe we searched for so long but ended up almost loosing her in the end."
Storm whispered sounding more vulnerable than Valley had ever witnessed.

    "We will, we need to find River before he does something stupid"
Valley replied at the same time lifting his brother off the floor.

He went upstairs and wrote a quick note for Arabella, then went to their rooms each and picked different outfits for them,  he knew they didn't need to be here because she needed to collect her thoughts and to do that she needed space.

Once he was satisfied with the things he had in his hands, he walked outside where Storm was already sitted, then they went to the one place River always went whenever he couldn't put his mind at peace.

       "His Work".