CHAPTER 5

By the time they had gotten home Arabella had already fallen asleep and had refused to wake up when asked to come eat something for dinner so they had decided to let her sleep at least that will give them time to have the long needed conversation.

Yes they were happy to have finally found her but  the issue now was the fact that they had proposed marriage to another,  if they decided to call things off and Alvida figured that their mate was human then she was prone to challenge her for the  position of Queen and Alpha Female.

They needed to find a way to ease themselves out of the trouble they had created out of their own impatience, they had waited for so long, and if they'd just done it one more day then they wouldn't be in a situation like that.

     "I don't think we need to call off the engagement yet, at least till we are sure that she wants to be our Queen, or if she can rule by our side or if she will even accept us and all our baggages as her mates"
Storm said breaking the silence that had engulfed them.

   "Are you saying she is unworthy of been Queen and ruling by our side?"
Valley asked feeling agitated at Storm's word.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but he's right Valley,  She doesn't look ready for that kind of responsibility"
River tried to compromise.

"That woman is everything Alvida will never be"
Valley began, staring in shock at his brothers.

   "Alvida only wants this Because she was always a power hungry female, she might have warmed our bed but that doesn't mean she can warm our hearts"    Valley argued in hopes of making them understand the gravity of what they were proposing to do

"The first thing we must consider is the strength of the woman who rules along side us Valley,  everything else comes later"
Storm tried reasoning diplomatically, he loved his mate, he would give his life for her if she were ever in that situation but he was also a King, he had his  people's welfare at heart.

   "Alright, You are free to do whatever you want,  no one said I must be a part of this, I will mate and Mark Arabella, you are both welcome to join us whenever you are done considering irrelevant reasons why you want to deny your mate"
Valley replied and was  about walking away when he remembered something else.

  "And you must know that our people will choose a kind and gentle Female over a violent power hungry woman any day"
With that said he walked away and started making his way to Arabella's room.

Surely his brothers couldn't possibly be that stupid, Arabella wasn't the kind of woman one could ignore, she was beautiful, elegant and although she was really naive and shy she still had the aura befitting for a Queen.

Unknown to them While they were arguing, Arabella was right around the corner listening attentively,  of course she knew they were her mates the moment they had hugged.

In the orphanage, they were taught everything there was to know about mates.

Moreover,   in the world they lived in today,  shifters were commonly mated to humans so it was common for a person to meet theirs.

But she also knew that they didn't want her, how could they?  She was nothing special, she had unruly hair, she wasn't beautiful, she thought herself unworthy of them so she knew it was possible for them not to want her.

If they didn't want to tell her they were her mates then she wasn't going to force them cause she understood why they couldn't acknowledge her.

She would work as their assistant and hope that a day comes when they planned to accept her.

Soon she Saw Valley make  his way towards the hallway, so she quickly rushed back to her room and ran  into the bathroom to take a quick bath.

              **********

Later That night she laid in bed turning helplessly, lost in thought of why she couldn't be any better for them but then again it wasn't her fault, it's not like she asked to be born the way she was.

  After a long while in her head, she felt someone slide into her room, so she closed her eyes and remain stiff in hopes that whoever will walk away without reminding her how unwanted she was in their lives.

Except whoever had no plans of leaving because Slowly she felt the bed dip accompanied by the amazing rain forest scent she had slowly found comfort in, that had to be Valley but what did he want?

She didn't need to ask any longer because he began whispering assurances to her

     "I know you heard everything that was said earlier on Bella and I wish I could change their minds about all of this but unfortunately I can't, I Promise You That I'll spend every waking day making you happy and bringing a smile to your face,   we waited so long for you and now that you are here I'm not loosing you to anyone else "

After which he kissed her forehead and walked away as quietly as he could,   leaving her room and shutting the door softly behind him so he could let her sleep,  of course he knew she was awake and he hoped she heard everything he said to her because he wanted her to know that he wasn't going to give up on them without trying.

Arabella on the other hand felt the tears trip down her face, she didn't expect this from Valley but there he was assuring her of a future she thought impossible.

After shedding some more tears, she wiped her tears then closed her eyes to get some sleep,   she planned to be nothing but their assistant,   she had been alone for a very long time so she knew she could keep up.

She would build herself back up,  she would grow to be a worthy mate and  she would grow to become the kind of woman they could call their mate and so much more for her own sake.