CHAPTER 34

ARABELLA

You never know how much change you can experience in a life time until your actually going through it and living a reality where you don't know what could happen next,  and it becomes much more difficult when you have absolutely no control over any aspect of it.

Out of control, confused, angry, terrified mostly and extremely lost could be mentioning a few of the emotions that has been coursing through me for the past five days and as a result I'd done nothing but avoid everyone else including my Mates.

As selfish as it was I had even moved a couple of my things to a room in the other side of the house just so I could be alone.

It wasn't that I didn't want to be with them, I was just afraid of what might go wrong next, I couldn't bring myself to relate with anyone if all I was going to do was bring pain or hurt them like I did my own brother.

Then again I couldn't stop Thinking about that stupid challenge in two days and it has been one in a million reason for my restlessness this past couple of days.

I knew what Xenia would be capable of doing and the mere thought of being responsible for such cruelty had me running back to my mates in hopes that they could cancel all of it,  unfortunately for me I'd been told that the only way it could stop would be if the challengers withdrew their challenge and I'm guessing you already know how that went.

If I couldn't stop them then the best I could do was sit back and let life happen cause if push comes to shove, I know there's no way in hell that I'm giving up my mates.   Not that if there were any easier ways to end this that I wouldn't take it, surely I would but I just didn't find another way out.

Honestly It was moments like this that I wished I could speak to someone I wasn't so afraid of loosing my shit on, at least they would be strong enough to smack some calm into me.

       " everyone believes you are still feeling guilty for what happened the other day"

     "and You sound like you believe otherwise"
I'd replied before turning around to find Natasha laying across the bed with her feet dangling up.
I will never get used to the whole phasing or disappearing thing.

   "I believe you are hiding because you think that being close might hurt someone else, you are hiding because you think that when you meet your family again you may see the disappointment you are trying so hard to avoid but I tell you this.    You are hurting everyone by hiding away from them, or do you not understand that what you all need is closeness so as to channel some light and love into the darkness thats trying to consume you?"

It was moments like this that made me doubt the decisions I made half the time.

   "I didn't think of it that way, actually I just wanted to be far away from them so I don't do anything that could hurt them"

Smiling warmly at me, I watched as she climbed off the bed and made her way out but stopped at the door.

    "Don't think for a moment that you can change anything, You cannot fight Fate Arabella but you can make positive use of the moments you have before it comes knocking on your door. " and with that I watched her hum a tone and continued skipping down the hall.

  She was right about that one thing, and I couldn't loose any more time than necessary, yes I don't know what would happen as we keep going forward in our lives but I knew for a fact that I couldn't do either of it alone.

Hence the reason why later that night I had just bed my family Goodnight and was now making my way over to my mates quarters so we could have the much needed conversation about everything.

I knew how selfish I was for simply refusing their help, or even allowing them any closer than necessary, I missed them and I know how difficult it was for me those couple of days without them, especially knowing how they would always come to my door and whisper how much they still loved me regardless of everything I did.

Don't even get me started on how Many sleepless nights I have had since I left their arms to go seek solace from myself, or the fact that I could feel myself getting sick because of how much I truly missed them.

Making the decision to come over here seemed like a fairly easy decision at the time but standing at their door with absolutely no moral to knock seemed like an entirely different thing,  the nervousness and anxiety were seriously twisting my stomach in a way that made me feel sick.

There were so many reasons I couldn't bring myself to make the move but I knew it was something I had to do before it becomes a bigger problem than it already was.

So I Knocked.    Louder than necessary might I add but no one opened, of course I knew they were in there cause I could perceive their delicious scents and I knew they heard the door but for assurance sake I knocked again and again but still there was no response so I decided against better judgment to push the door wide open and badged right in but was stopped right on my track by the sight before me that got me instantly teary-eyed.

***************************
Hey babies, how have you been?

Hope you've been staying safe yes?

So I wanted to try a cliffhanger for the first time ever, issue is that I don't if I did well or not.

Tell me :

What do you think she saw?

What were those men of hers doing this time?

Sorry too for making this a really short chapter, it was just a filler chapter 💕💕💕❤️💖💋