CHAPTER 7

Arabella :

It had been two months already since I'd started started working for my bosses, it had consisted of the same routines as the first day.

I'd come in to work with them since I was still living with them at the penthouse, I'll fetch coffee from Stella's desk considering they'd barred me from going anywhere without one of them.

I'd arrange their files, book restaurants for meetings, take notes then answer a bunch of calls and so on.

I wasn't unhappy, in fact I was on the contrary really ecstatic at where I'd found myself.

Getting paid higher than every other employee in the company had made me comfortable enough to do whatever I wanted.

I wasn't going to be in lack even if I got a place and a car, that was how comfortable I had gotten within the space of two months.

The first thing I chose to do was send a whole lot to the orphanage, it was the entire reason I got a job in the first place and above everything else I was happy to be of use to the very place I was raised.

Meanwhile, no matter how happy I thought I was about my life I still couldn't seem to get my mates to accept me, they still thought I was ignorant to the fact that they were my mates hence the reason they were always guarded around me.

Sometimes I would hear them arguing about the way they were acting, sometimes Valley seemed to be the voice of reasoning cause he never failed to remind them the importance of a mate.

I totally understood their reasons for refusing to accept me cause if I was in their shoes I wouldn't accept me either, but I was hoping that they would at least tell me the real reason why we were in this situation.

Call me unreasonable or stupid and shallow minded and I still won't change my mind about wanting them to take charge, I had no idea exactly what they wanted in a mate and I also knew that I wasn't it cause if I was I'd probably be with child by now, or at least close to that, I'm sure you catch my drift.

For so long I'd been alone and I had actually become quite used to it, but that didn't mean that I didn't want them to want me.

Stella had spent every waking moment telling me how her mate was the best man in the universe and lord knows how jealous I got when she would talk non stop about him.

I had chosen not to tell her about our bosses been my mates, my instincts kept telling me she knew about it already and for reasons best known to her she had refused telling me what she knew.

I wasn't going to tell her I knew already, and I was going to keep playing ignorant, I couldn't get their attention for diverse reasons and now that I was actually thinking about it I have no idea how I was thinking they were going to accept me.

Especially with a woman like the one currently in their office who also happens to be the reason they asked me to go to the cafeteria for lunch where I am currently sitting alone with absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do.

It was days like this that I appreciated Stella's presence in my life but unfortunately she had gone to represent the bosses at a meeting with a new resort they were aiming at purchasing.

For some reason the owner seemed to be obsessed with having me over instead of my bosses, hence the reason they sent Stella over there, something about Her being capable of breaking some balls if it came down to it.

I was about going to the ladies room but was interrupted by the blaring of my ring tone, catching the attention of everyone in the quiet room. I smiled awkwardly and ran out of the room so I could answer whoever it was.