CHAPTER 11

Once they'd arrived at the office, just as expected there sat River leaning on his head rest with eyes closed probably deep in thought.

    "I wish above anything right now that we could go back in time and undo all of this. "
He had said not above a whisper.

     "just this once I wish we could have the power to change events, I wish we'd used this god forsaking powers by looking into the future.  Maybe then we would have stopped ourselves from even thinking of replacing our own mate. "
He continued but this time he had opened his eyes and was facing his brothers.

" I wish we'd listened to you Valley because then we would have saved her this heart break "
This time his voice broke.

"I wish we'd been better mates to her"
He said now hunching over his desk and letting the tears fall without care or restrictions.

    "even if you wish for tomorrow to never come it still will not happen brother,  because in the end we are humans or at least some part of us is.   We make mistakes and we learn from them so that's exactly what's going to happen.    We will give her some space, let her pull through before we go to her and prove how we can be better mates"

Valley assured them, looking between his brothers in hopes that they relax and believe that it actually gets better.

     "When did you become so wise anyways"
Came River's reply out of nowhere. Causing the guys to laugh briefly before turning somber again. And burying themselves in their individual thoughts that still somehow centered around the unruly long haired beauty at home.

    "I miss her more than I thought possible-"
Came Storms voice breaking the heavy silence that had engulfed them.

    "I miss how she gets annoyed and pouts whenever she can't seem to pull her hair in a bun"
He continued

  "I miss how she unconsciously cusses whenever she drops something but feels too lazy to pick it up"
River said causing everyone to laugh.

   "I miss how she Swats Stella's hands then huffs whenever she tries to touch her hair"
Valley said causing them to laugh again.

    "I hope we fix this soon guys, we miss her and I'm sure your Lycans are as restless as mine has been"
Valley said once again turning serious.

   "Xenix has sworn to tear me inside out if I don't fix it"
River shivered at the mere thought while his brothers grimaced because they had received worse threats from their own Beasts .

While they were still talking and engaging in more  memories that concerned their mate they felt the sudden presence of someone else in the room.

Valley who had been alarmed immediately groaned because he had experienced a
Terrible day already and he didn't need the presence of Xyon to make it any worse than it already was.

     "oh come on boys, I'm sure you missed me as much as I missed you"
Came his overly chirpy and sweet voice. The voice he used when he was around people he liked.

     "Not now Xyon"
Storm replied cutting off whatever come back he was preparing next.

    "I know brothers,  I felt your pain and came as soon as I could and I'm honestly sorry that things seem out of control right now"
He said suddenly turning serious.    Of course he would say it like that, asshole.

     "Does it get better?"
River asked, It wasn't as though Xyon knew any better but at least it was worth hearing something positive from someone else.

     "Yes it  does"
Xyon replied confidently. Causing a small smile to appear on Their faces.

Slowly but surely they'd sobered up and began making light conversations, while Xyon took the opportunity to report to them the state of things in their kingdom and family.

            **********

After what seemed like forever they'd become attuned once again with their normal routines even if they were missing Arabella terribly.

Xyon had left so he could go fetch his mate for some offshore mission their parents had sent them leaving them without a secretary and an assistant.

Hopefully the next time they got the chance to talk to Arabella, they will be able to sort things out and move on without having to go through either of those things again.

             **********
After a couple of hours more they agreed above all visible thoughts that they couldn't take it anymore, their Lycans had been on edge, they were on edge to the extent where  River would have fired their Asian regional manager had it been Storm didn't intervene.

Hence after a lot of plans and gifts purchased they made their way home in hopes that they could fix everything once and for all
Except they were in for bigger surprises.

Sat in a silk see through night wear seductively sipping some white wine was none other than Alvida,  looking smug and proud for hell knows what.

Valley had been first to rush up the stairs so he could go check on Arabella but was met with an empty room with all her things still intact including the golden bracelet she never left the house without but there was no sign of her.

Panic had began to set in so he ran to the rooms in the rest of the penthouse but she was no where to be found so he came back to the living room looking scared shitless.

Surely Arabella couldn't have left them just like that, unless someone said something or did something.

      "Where is she?"
He asked Alvida, bringing his voice to the level where she understood that it was Arabella or her life.

       She gulped loudly before she shakily began to speak.

      "I caught her lounging around and eating like a pig,  I knew you wouldn't appreciate that so I told her off,  for some reason she suddenly got up and moved passed me and just left so I was guessing she went back to whatever hell hole she crawled out of "

    " Did you mention anything about our former arrangement to her? "
River asked wishing above everything else that today isn't the day he lays his hands on a woman.

   " Oh yeah, I'd told her you were my mates,  she had mumbled something about not knowing you had a mate before she suddenly walked away "
She replied with a shrug before turning away to focus on the show that had been airing before their arrival.

       "LEAVE NOW"
came River's primal voice showing how much battle he was having with his Beast.

   "AND THE NEXT TIME I SET EYES ON YOU I WILL RIP YOU APART I SWEAR "
Storm concluded before turning away to make some calls,   surely this wasn't how he lost the mate he never even got the chance to show how much he loved.

While Valley suddenly crumpled into himself seeking comfort from his beast whom just this once wasn't clawing to be let loose.
instead he aligned himself with his human and mourned the woman who had left to lord knows where with no hope of when or if she would return.

River on the other hand felt like he was loosing his breath all over again, he had come home to make it right,  she should have just waited a little more., they didn't deserve her but she should have at least giving them one more chance. They would have done better.

               **********
That night just like the following weeks that followed they came home to an empty house,   she never came to work, no calls and absolutely no sign of her anywhere.

It was torture for them especially because their Lycans had chosen the worst time to abandon them,

they understood that they were mad at them but they also needed to see that they had searched everywhere they could but came out with nothing.

Stella who loved Arabella more than her own mates had gone as far as threatening to reject her own mate in hopes of motivating him to search harder.

No one knew where she could have gone,   they missed her and they needed her back in their lives but that seemed to be the one thing even their wealth, power and status couldn't get them.

..