CHAPTER 12

Quick Authors note:

I'd realized that a chapter was missing when I was editing the previous chapters of this book, so that's why I had to rewrite it all over again. enjoy your reading. I love you.

ARABELLA

Since the night I got marked by my mates Lycans it's been quite uneasy for me mostly because I miss them so much.

Three weeks had passed already since the day I left and it has been nothing but the most terrifying three weeks of my life.

I wanted to return to them but I kept thinking about the woman who had told me that she was their mate, I kept wondering if maybe I had made a mistake by leaving instead of staying back and hearing it directly from them.

But then again if I'd waited for them to say it. I knew I would have felt worse than I did.

And secondly even if I had thoughts of going back how was I supposed to do that, I left the penthouse with absolutely nothing but the clothes I had on, I had walked hours none stop till I arrived at the orphanage where I once assisted as an in house cook.

Thankfully mother Casey hadn't questioned me much at first mostly because she understood that I couldn't bring myself to talk about it even if I tried, but eventually she couldn't take my constant cries anymore so she'd asked me what was going on with me and I'd told her how I had found my mates and the events that had led to me coming to the home.

At first she had scolded me for being unreasonable about everything, before she spoke to me at length about the pros and cons of my actions and how it was possible that I handed my mates over to another woman on a platter.

Over a week later I had finally understood what she meant and regret had become the only emotion I was now familiar with.

I was still nervous about how I was supposed to just return home after three weeks of disappearing on them so that brought about me still sitted here with the home's official phone with Sarah's number already typed in.

After much thoughts I realized that I was tired of being here and I wanted to go home, I couldn't sit here and assume the worst when they never made any move of rejecting me.

So here goes nothing.

I'd dialed her number and thankfully she answered on the third ring.

"Stella De Leon, this is the Azillian Corps. how may I help you "
Her firm yet soft voice filtered through.

"Stell?"
I'd whispered, feeling my voice break and tears welling in my eyes.

"Arabella? Oh my God, where are you?how are you? Wait. Are you hurt? My God what happened? In fact don't answer either of that, just tell me your address"

I smiled softly at her protective nature before quickly telling her my location and she asked me to wait a little before she hung up.

I went back in and told mother Carsey that I was leaving, she had smiled and asked me to always return when I could to which I promised that I would before I made my way outside and began pacing in anxiousness while I waited for Sarah.

Close to thirty minutes later I hadn't set eyes on her yet but I'd chosen to blame it on the heavy rain that kept going at it like it wouldn't end.

Slightly down casted by the fact that she wasn't going to be here till later, I stood up and dusted myself before turning to make my way back inside.

Taking slow and steady steps till I got to the fifth stair trying to take the last but was halted at the mention of my name.

"Arabella"
He had whispered so lowly that you wouldn't have heard if you wasn't conscious of your environment making me wonder if I was now hearing things.

I knew there was no way that they would come all the way out here just for me and the mere thought skyrocketed my disappointment, reminding me how I wasn't worth much in their eyes.

So without bothering to turn I continued my movement except this time it was louder and I couldn't deny the goosebumps littering my skin, I couldn't possibly deny the strength their voices held when they called me again so I curiously turned.

Surprisingly enough, There they stood in their stylish different colored Armani three piece suits looking exhausted, with eye bags that told endless stories of sleepless nights, eyes that looked tired and swirled with relieve, regrets and weeks of pain and immeasurable sorrows.

River who was always my ball of sunshine even if his happiness wasn't always directed at me tried so hard to smile but I could see that it didn't reach his playful orbs.

while Storm tried to hide his pain behind his mask of cold exterior. I'd noticed that He tended to hide behind that facade when he couldn't comprehend the situation anf it' felt slightly good to know that he wasn't always in control.

Then I looked over at my Valley who stood slightly behind them, looking hesitantly and lost, drenched in the rain that seemed to have intensified, and offering a bitter smile when I looked at his beautiful face that now held stubbles that told how much he had neglected himself.

  Slowly I went to where he stood, ignoring the rest because let's be honest, they were never nice to me.

Now that I was this close to him I could see the sadness in his eyes, the pain, his eyes held a dimness that told tales of the pains he must have endured.

I knew he had it worse cause he was always acting tough and cold in the outside but I knew how much of a teddy bear he could be on the inside.

Finally standing before him, I raised my hands to his face and caressed him as softly as I could manage while he slowly leaned into my touch with his eyes closed.

I was about taking a step further to pull him to myself but ended up yelping when he swiftly lifted me off the ground and smashed his lips on mine in a searing kiss while I closed my eyes and reveled in the feeling of his soft lips on mine.

In that moment I'd realized that I couldn't let anyone take away my only chance of a good life, I would give everything to keep what I'd been given, there was no way in hell that I was letting them not even for anything in this world.

***************************ntOverBckwrds01
This chapter is dedicated to you my darlings for your multiple votes..

Keep em coming loves,
Thanks babies