CHAPTER 26

Arabella :

I have no idea how long we'd been on air but I made a pact with Xenia that we were going to stay awake as long as it took to arrive wherever we were headed.

We'd been on air for close to
Nineteen hours and thankfully River had said we were probably thirty minutes away from landing, so that brought about the scurrying about in the jet by the guards and Xyon.

Me been me had decided to go help but Valley had glared up a tsunami, something about letting them do their job.

Now that I was thinking about it, I noticed how they seemed to have changed into their usual brooding and stoic selves since they got on the jet, I didn't understand the sudden change in behavior but I was hoping that it had nothing to do with them moving back home.

Once I was satisfied with the last minute arrangements, I was pulled back to my sit and buckled up properly considering we were landing lord knows where.

"how long till we get there?"
I asked once we touched ground and began strolling through the airfield, while I struggled to pull my hair in a tame-able bun.

"We are here Rain"
Sarah squealed excitedly all the while bouncing back and forth while Valley muttered colorful words.

I finally looked up to find that indeed we were indeed wherever here was.
I didn't know my mouth was hanging open in awe of the castle that stood slightly afar off looking magnificently before me.

"Close your mouth Bela"
River scolded, using his index finger to close my mouth, but I smacked his hand away before glaring at him for disrupting my moment.

After that little interaction we got into the cars that stood in endless rolls, all black range rovers, tinted to the core, and was extremely posh on the inside, how rich were they?.

Less than ten minutes later we had pulled up in front of the Castle where a lot of people were stood with their heads bowed while my mates simply nodded and began leading me to a wing that I guessed had to be theirs.

"you'll freshen up then get some rest while we attend to somethings, we'll come get you for dinner Princess"

I smiled up at them before kissing them each then began pulling off my clothes so I could take a quick bath and get some sleep.

**********
Thankful for the rest and annoyed for the disturbance I still managed to follow them through the different turns of endless hallways that led to what I assumed was the dinning hall.

We'd rounded one last corner before we were crossing through really expensive looking double doors that led to a room that was filled with the most beautiful and intimidating set of people I'd ever seen, unconsciously I began walking behind Storm, I could tell we were close because the chatters became louder.

"Oh my Sons. "
Someone squealed from a distance, it wasn't the fact that it was probably their mom that stopped me right on my track, it was the voice that I knew I would recognize anywhere in this world.

Slowly I'd crept out of Storms back who had stopped walking too probably because he felt me stop, I took a step away from them and looked around till my eyes landed on the very people I would have given everything to see again.

I didn't know a stray tear had escaped till someone was wiping it and asking what went wrong, I shook my head and just stared at the people that made life worth living at some point.

''Aunt Isabella" I'd whispered, trying and failing to control the endless tears.

"Arabella?"
I heard uncle Marcus whisper too in shock.

And that was the moment I lost my cool and ran straight into their arms that had comforted me back at the orphanage.

I'd cried a little but they were mostly tears of joy.
Life had finally blessed me with more than I could possibly ask for and if someone had told me that I wou-

"Well. Well. Well.
Guess who finally arrived"
Someone teased from behind.

Sabrina?,
How was it possible that she was also here.

I had last heard that she had moved to Russia because her mate was an important shifter in the community.

So. For curiosity sake I'd slowly turned to the direction I'd heard her voice and true to my wonder, there she stood in all her elegant glory, with fiery red hair that now reached right beneath her hip, eyes blazing a striking blue sharper than I could remember and her arms wide open for me to be engulfed in.

And that exactly was what I did, I ran into those arms that had saved my life as a parting gift.

"how are you here Sabrina?"
I'd asked once I'd pulled away and stared at the epitome of beauty that stood before me.

"first off, my name is Natasha, please don't call me that horrid name anymore" she basically whined.

(Quick A/N: No offense to anyone whose name happens to be Sabrina, it's actually my sister's name and I love to tease her all the time, she was with me when I wrote this chapter and she hasn't stopped whining about it.. No offense once again. )

"now about your question, Do you still remember what I said before I left your side?"
She'd asked, staring intently at me.

"We' will meet again in the Chamber of King's?"
I'd asked instead of answering.

"Are you asking or telling?"
She'd asked, raising her perfectly drawn eyebrow.

"We will meet again in the chamber of kings"
I repeated a bit more confidently this time.

"Where are we now Arabella?"
She asked looking around the now silent hall.

"Indeed in the chamber of Kin-"

"Where are they?"
Someone boomed from the hallway before swinging the doors open and unceremoniously waltzing in like she owned the place.

"babies, you never told me of your return"
She purred sliding between my mates who stood at the head of the endless dining table.

I watched bitterly as she began running her hands around Valley who ungraciously smacked her hand away.

I could feel Xenia forcefully break our barrier and made her presence known and I watched everyone except Sabrina, my mates and parents bow their heads.

"HOW DARE YOU?, YOU WALTZ IN HERE LIKE YOU OWN THE PLACE, DISRESPECT EVERYONE ELSE, THEN GO AHEAD TO TOUCH WHAT BELONGS TO ME.?"

And in dangerous speed I felt my claws dig into her arms that were still hanging beside her, slowly I perceived the scent of blood and heard the whimper that followed.

I don't know how long I'd dragged my claws through her arms but I felt the tingles and sparks that were shooting through my skin.

I felt myself begin to calm down till Xenia withdrew entirely and handed me full control, for which I was thankful cause I didn't want to do anything I would regret.

"LEAVE US"
Sabrina growled.
And just like that everyone uncharacteristically began to scurry about including the overbearing bitch.

"That was fucking hot baby" River huskily groaned into the link.

If this were in a different situation I would have found that seductive but right now I was extremely confused.

I turned to Sabrina or shall I say Natasha to ask what was going on, something in me was telling me that It wasn't mere coincidence that she was there at the orphanage.

"I understand you have a lot of questions, go ahead and sit"
She said pointing to the chair before me.