CHAPTER 27

Valley:

Surprisingly as soon as Arabella had taken a sit on the table she was knocked out cold,  fallen fast asleep as though she was enchanted.

    "you better have a perfect explanation for all of this Natasha"  Storm boomed in the hall, while Tash stood there looking disturbed.

     "Whose perfect idea was it to feed her blood during the mating process?"
Tash  enquired but looked pointedly at River who so happened to be the culprit.

   "What does it matter who fed her what?"
Storm snapped this time taking a step closer to her.

    "Because you successfully awakened the curse of the bloodlust that I have tried so hard to suppress in her"
Tash snapped rather tired and frustrated.

     "What are you talking about Tash"
Mother had asked the exact question that roamed our minds.

Surely, it couldn't be consequential if they'd chosen to taste each other's blood, Lycans tended to do it all the time, so what difference could this make.

   "There's so much you all don't know and now I regret not enlightening you from time immemorial."   she muttered before staring at a still sleeping Arabella.

    "Her Eighteenth birth year wasn't the first time I met Arabella, I'd met her three months before she was born"
She stopped and scanned the room before sighing again and running her hands through her hair.

      "Her mother had gotten pregnant with a child she definitely didn't want and was unready to bear seed, but what she failed to understand was that it was time for the King's to have a mate and for reasons best known to the gods, they'd chosen her to birth that child who would bring light into your lives.

Eight months into the pregnancy I'd gone to the temple to worship after administering care to her mother who complained of excruciating pain in the worse places.

Weird as it was I felt there was more to the baby than some alpha queen, so I began praying to every god known and unknown to reveal what was going on with the child.

Sadly there were no answers till that night,   I'd just gotten back from A mission, so in my exhaustion I'd basically slept off while I was worshipping.

I don't know how it happened but I'd found myself in her future, a thirteen year old Arabella, she was stronger than her age required, fiercer, cruel, ruthless and inhumane.

But that wasn't it, it was the fact that the blood lust had taken total control of her mind and soul, and the fact that she was mated to the three of you intensified her strength.

I watched Arabella wipe out parks, races and realms all in her quest to quench her insatiable lust for blood.

I watched as you were the only ones who could stop her but you couldn't because the mate bond never let you hurt her in any way.

So when you realized you couldn't kill her you made a containment cell that was able to hold her down.

Slowly but surely you had watched your mate, deteriorate with every passing day,  fading away as a result of the constant thirst for blood that couldn't be sated and in no time you lost her to the fate of death.

I woke up that night feeling absolute terror for the fate that awaited that child but I also knew I needed to do something so I went to the child's mother and told her all I'd seen.

Unbeknownst to her mate she had been seeing the same exact thing three months prior to when I did but she had no idea what to make of it so she had chosen to ignore it.

When we told her mate I guess his oath to protect both human life and shifter alike was as active as the day he had taken it considering his choice of giving the child away to more capable and attentive people.

the child's mother had agreed with our plan so I went ahead to hide any trace of the life growing within her so she could successfully tell everyone that she had lost the child.

Once the wave and attention had died down That' was where the orphanage came into play, surely I couldn't take the child to human parents because they were bound to be careless too, I needed to take her to a place where she couldn't be triggered enough to loose her sanity so I brought her to the only place where her biggest challenge was the next meal.

I visited every three years so as to keep up with her growth till she turned thirteen, i  knew it was the pressure point, it was the age I'd seen in that vision so the first thing I did was lock away whatever trace of Lycan in her, if her bloodlust was to conquer her it would have needed the strength of her Lycan to do so.

Thankfully, that year had past, the following years and nothing happened, so I knew it was time to leave her alone, I'd wiped the memory of everyone who knew about my stay in the orphanage including yours Sarah.

I knew you were going to reach out to her and I needed to stop you seeing as it wasn't yet time for them to find her, so I bought the orphanage home and secretly aided their relocation to a place you were never going to search. And I gu-"

   "Wait,   Lycans never miscarry a pup and that's common knowledge, so how could no one have noticed and secondly the only recent Miscarriage was... "

      "The Royal Beta Female Azura De. Leon"
Tash finished for River.

      "Her real Name is Xenia De. Leon,   I'm so sorry Xyon but it wasn't in my place to tell you this at the time."
She sighed and ran her hand in her hair again, sometimes I worried that her role as the oracle was a responsibility too huge for her.

     "So you mean she..  She's my sister?"
Xyon asked, trying and failing to control the Crack in his voice.

      "Yes she is Your sister."
She'd nodded then stood up and began pacing in the manner that always made us nervous because she never paced unless something was totally out of her control which rarely ever happens.

    "Once I was convinced that she might have been able to conquer her Bloodlust, I made sure that she found her mates as soon as I could but sadly I couldn't control the events that followed afterwards."
She stopped and casted a gaze at the three of us before she shook her head slightly.

  "By marking and letting her have a taste of your blood at the same time, you awakened the beast in her and now there is nothing even I can do to stop it.

Only she whose Lust for blood can fight to resist the hunger than burns through the walls of her soul.

By this time tomorrow seven more warriors will walk through those doors to challenge her rights as Queen, You must stop this Challenge from happening,

upon the pinnacles of the glass mountains will her soul be lost to us.
I don't care how you do it but you must stop them from challengi -"

      "ENOUGH-"
"EVERYONE WHO DEEM THEMSELVES WORTHY OF MY WRATH WILL DO WELL BY BEARING THE CONSEQUENCES"
Xenia boomed,  there was no way in hell she could have been awake all this time, and I believe everyone was as shocked as myself.

     "The last phase of the prophecy states that, he who bears the mark of the hybrid Queen, will not only save her from her bloodlust, but will be the first race of hybrids that walks the face of the earth.   You must get her to mark you so you can save her, it should work faster since it's the three of you. You must be conscious of time, there are people who have gotten news of the new prophecy and I'm sure you know what that means."
Tash had spoken through the link we shared with her before turning away and phased through the floor to what I assumed would be the temple.

   with that new peice of information in mind, we walked over simultaneously to her and began peppering kisses on her body while everyone slowly began leaving the room so we could calm her down.

I wasn't particularly pleased that our mate would be marking us for the sake of saving her life considering that if we were in a different circumstance it should have happened at her own time and pace but in the end,  Life happens and we have to live with it.