Chapter 23

"Tommy!" I hugged him. "Haven't seen you in ages." "Because you never come over anymore." He frowned at me. "I'm sorry, bud." I ruffled his hair. "Sam, what are you doing here?" I went into the kitchen to find both her and Angie. "Are we not allowed to socialize when you're not here?" Angie asked me. "Nope." I shook my head teasingly.

"You're very happy." Sam noticed. "I am." I agreed. "Is there a reason?" "There are many reasons for my happiness." "Did you make up with Alli?" "Yes." "That's good." Sam smiled. Angie looked through the doorway into the hall and then sent me a questioning look. "Where did you leave her?" "Oh, Cody and Alli are having a heart-to-heart." I smiled.

"How come?" "Secret." I tapped my nose. "I hear you were late to school today." Sam then said. "They still called home?" "Yes, your father isn't happy." "Blame Cody, it's his fault." "Why is it his fault?" "Because he wouldn't let me get out of bed." I frowned. "Do the pair of you eat well when you're there?" Angie asked me.

"Yeah, we had pizza last night." "You seem to get a lot of fast food." "I cook sometimes." "Does Cody cook?" "No, he clears up. It's in the rota." "Rota?" "Yes, we have a rota for cooking and cleaning and tidying and everything. So far it works." "So far.." Angie laughed. "That won't last long." Sam added with a chuckle.

After a few more minutes, Cody and Alli came into the kitchen. "Come upstairs?" Cody pulled on my hand. "You need to learn to share, boy." Angie playfully scolded Cody. "Babe?" "I'm coming." I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room.

"Did you guys sort it out?" "A warning would have been nice." Cody kicked the bedroom door shut. "What do you mean?" "Well, I had no idea it was going to be that intense. All you said was to take it seriously, you didn't tell me I was going to have to talk about sex with my little sister." "Why is that so bad?" "She's a baby!" "Cody.." I rolled my eyes.

"It's different because she's a baby and you're my baby. Age doesn't come into it this time." "I'm sorry I annoyed you earlier." "When?" "On the phone." "Let's just forget about it, okay? None of that matters, I know I love you and you know you love me. That's all that matters. An outside opinion which conflicts with ours does not matter at all." "I agree." I nodded.

"Are you coming home with me in a bit?" "I don't think so." I shook my head. "Oh?" Cody raised his eyebrows. "I think I need to spend some time here." "You think this or does someone else think it for you?" "I don't do what people tell me to do." "You do what I want you to do." He smirked. "Don't be dirty." I frowned.

"But I don't want you to stay here, please, come home?" "Cody, come on. We both knew what the deal was when you gave me that key. You have to share." "If you come home I'll make it worth your while." "Bribing me with sex will not work in your favor." I dismissed and went onto his balcony. "What if we-" "No!" "Okay.." Cody sighed and rested against the railings.

"There's this new girl starting school tomorrow." "Okay.." You could tell he wasn't sure why I was telling him and that he really didn't care but that he was just being nice so he wouldn't get into trouble. Smart boy. I mentally praised him but the shook away my thoughts to carry on with my story.

"We share most of our classes so I've been asked to be her buddy." "Buddy?" "Don't you remember? When a new kid comes and someone has to be their buddy and guide them around and be their friend and stuff." "Oh yeah, I remember." He nodded. "Well, yeah. So I'm now someone's buddy." "Good for you." "Hmm, it means I have to behave.. And I have to be on time." I glared.

A smug grin instantly appeared on Cody's mouth. "You blame me but we both know you loved it." "I'm not discussing it with you." I shook my head in denial. "You were begging me not to stop-" "Hey, kids." Dad's voice cut Cody off. We sent each other a look to say 'oh shit' and then turned to face Dad. "Hi, Daddy!" I grinned.