Chapter 8

"Where have you been?!" Angie scolded the pair of us as we stood together like two guilty puppies. "At my apartment." Cody mumbled. "Both of you?! So you made her run away with you? You dragged her down too?!" Brad blamed him. "No! Izzy hasn't even been to my place! I found her on my way here and told her I was taking her home. She didn't have a choice."

"So why is she stood here right now?" "Because I wouldn't go home without him coming with me. So Cody said I had to go with him." "Why should we believe that?! You two have lied and gone behind our backs enough times to stop us from believing a single word at that. From what I've gathered, Izzy's known where you were the whole time and went running to you when she felt like it." Angie said.

"Think what you want, we know the truth and if you don't believe us then that's not our problem. I was at home when you came to look for me but you just didn't try hard enough. You should be fucking thankful that I came home at all or else you wouldn't have found Izzy!" Cody snapped.

"Cody!" Tommy came running into the room. "Alright, buddy?" "Where did you go? I haven't seen you in ages." "I know, mate. I was busy." "Oh right." "But I'm not going to be busy anymore, I'll come back and see you a lot more." "Like you did before?" "Yeah." He nodded and then Alli caught my attention. She was stood resting against the door post with her arms folded over her chest and an 'I knew it' look on her face.

"Look, guys, I shouldn't have shouted at you just then and I shouldn't have done what I did but at the end of the day, I needed my space. I've done and I've come back to apologize." "And it just happens that you saw Izzy on your way when we've been looking since yesterday morning?" "It's not his fault that I ran away, don't blame him."

"Izzy, we don't believe you!" Alli said with frustration. "You knew where he was and you lied to everyone, we were all so worried and you knew!" "I had no idea! I promise." "She didn't know. I don't know how we're supposed to prove it but Isobe- Izzy had no idea I was at home this whole time." Cody insisted. "Iz, we were so worried about you." Angie sighed.

"I mean, we know that Cody knows what he's doing but we were expecting the worst with you." "Well I'm safe so you don't need to worry anymore." I looked down at the floor to avoid everyone's eyes. "If she'd known she wouldn't have waited until Friday to come for me." Cody pointed out. "We realize that." Brad nodded.

"We're both really sorry." I looked up again. "Will it happen again?" "No." I shook my head. "Cody?" "Not again, no." He shook his head too. "Okay, you can go to your room and not make out." Angie smirked. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. "Aren't you coming upstairs to not make out?" Cody smirked at me. "Believe it or not, no." I laughed.

"Just come upstairs and we actually won't make out." "I don't know if I want to." I looked up there. "Why not?" "I haven't been in your room since we broke up." "Isobella, it's not like-" "I'm gonna go home. I'll catch you later." "Don't drift away from me, these last few days have fun. I don't want you to walk out of my life again." "Cody, we can't be just friends."

"Isobella, please?" "See yah around." I smiled and walked towards the front door. "Isobella Grace," "I have things to deal with. Stop playing with my mind." "I'm no-" "Just let me walk away, Cody. It will make it so much easier if you just let me walk away." "Fine then, pretend like nothing has changed. Pretend that you haven't felt anything over the last few days." "I'm not pretending." I said before leaving.

Cody and I didn't speak for the rest of the day. Actually, we didn't speak for the rest of the week. It's Thursday now and I'm so done with the idea of going to school. Dad wasn't at work today so I couldn't stay home and I knew that my only option out of school was to suck up to Cody. Anything to get out of that hell whole!