Chapter 34

"Do I look cute?" I looked in the mirror. I was wearing blackish-grayish skinny jeans and a white, oversized knitted sweater along with a brown scarf and a brown beanie hat over my now straightened hair. I also had on brown suede booties as well as a brown bag on my shoulder. "Adorable." Cody smiled at me. I finished my makeup, natural looking but with eyeliner, with a touch of light pink gloss.

"You ready to go now?" "Will you tell me where?" "Nope." He shook his head. "But if we leave now, you'll find out quicker." "Oooh, I like that idea." I grinned. "I thought you would." Cody laughed and kissed my cheek. "I'm gonna go to Dad's room and tell them we're leaving. Can you tell Alli?" "Yeah. Tell Mom and Dad too?" "I will." I smiled and walked out of the room.

First I went to see Dad and Sam. "Hi." I smiled as I went into the suite. "We're about to leave so I just came to tell you that." "Izzy!" Joey came running. "Hey, buddy!" I picked him up. "We're going out today! We're going to go on the red bus." "The red one! Cool!" "You're not coming though." He pouted. "No, I'm not coming but I'll make sure I see you later."

"Good." "Go finish getting ready, yeah? I'll see you in a bit." I placed him on the floor and watched him run off. "Have fun, okay?" Sam hugged me. "And be safe!" Dad shouted from the bathroom where I think he was shaving. "We're always safe!" I shouted back. "Will we see you before you go out to dinner?" "I don't know. He won't tell me what's planned."

"Text me when you find out, yeah?" "For sure." "Have a good day, sweetie." Sam pulled me into her arms for another hug. "Love you lots." "Love you too." I smiled. "Why are you getting emotional?" I then asked. "You're just very special." She smiled. "Are you okay?" "Of course, I'm just being silly." "Okay. Love you." I kissed her cheek and went towards the door.

"Hey, took your time?" Cody was stood outside. "Sorry." "No, it's fine. I told Mom and Dad we're going." "Okay." I smiled. "Take my hand." "Why?" "Because it's our anniversary." He smiled and kissed my hand. "You're going to be so goofy today." I giggled. "Tell me you hate it." "I don't." I smiled.

When we came out of the hotel, Cody seemed to know exactly where we were going so I trusted and followed him. "Oh wow! That's hyde park!" I pointed. "Oooh!" Cody copied my enthusiasm and then pulled me across the road. "We're going to hyde park?" "Mhm. We're going to sit on the grass and have a picnic." "Aww!" I covered my mouth.

We went into the park and found a bench to sit on since the grass was wet. "Cheese and cucumber or tuna and cucumber?" Cody asked me as he looked in his backpack. "Cheese, you won't eat it." "Doritos or Cheetos?" "Doritos." "Apple or organe?" "Apple." "Here." He handed me a cheese and cucumber sandwhich which was cut in half and wrapped in film with a packet of doritos and an apple juice box.

"You really took care of this, didn't you?" I grinned and scooted closer to him. He was sat with his back against the back of the bench, like a normal person, and I was sat sideways with my knees bent and legs over his lap. "I wanted today to be good for you. No worrying." "Can we walk around the whole park and by the fountains." I pointed to the fountain.

"You're like a little kid." Cody laughed. "I've never been here before and I've loved it since I was a little one." "You're kinda special, you are." "I am?" "You are." He nodded. "I love you." "And I love you too." "I want a kiss." I pouted. Cody smiled and placed his lips on mine. "You taste like tuna." "I'm glad that's the first time you've ever said that to me." I giggled. "That's nasty." He playfully nudged me. "Anyway, you're the one eating tuna, not me."

"I have something to ask you." I watched him carefully as I drank my drink. "Mmm?" "Please don't get angry or shut down or anything like that?" "I'm not going to do that, baby." "Promise me?" "Bab-" "Promise me." I demanded. Cody gave me a questioning look while I frowned back at him. He gave in first and sighed. "I promise."