Chapter 24

It's been just over a week, today is Friday and I'm sat outside with Alli watching James and Joey bouncing on the trampoline. "What are you going to wear tonight?" Alli asked me. "I'm not entirely sure, probably my new black dress." "I haven't seen this dress, I need to see it." She said which madde me giggle.

"Cody bought it for me last weekend along with some other stuff." "Oh yeah, you guys went shopping without me." She scowled at me causing me to laugh again. "Hey! It was his idea." I defended myself. "He wanted to go out just us two." I then added with a shrug of my shoulders.

"What are you going to wear, Alli?" Alli asked herself mimicking my voice to make me laugh once again. "Yes, Alli, what are you going to wear?" We're all going out to dinner tonight. Their family and mine. There's this new Italian restaurant in town and Cody and I were going to go to celebrate being together for two months but then Alli blabbered it to everyone and they all invited themselves.

"I'm thinking that I wear my white skirt with your white crop top." "Oh yeah?" I raised my eyebrows. "Please?" "Yes, you can." I giggled at her. "Why are you so happy?" James asked as he stopped bouncing and jumped off the trampoline. "Hey!" Joey called after him. "In a minute, bud." He replied without turning back to him.

"I'm not." "You are, you keeping laughing and giggling and stuff." "Am I not allowed to be happy?" "Yeah, James, leave her alone." Alli playfully stuck up for me. "I'm going to get a drink, make sure he doesn't fall off the trampoline." James said while going into the house.

"So, how's you and Lucas? I haven't seen him for a while, is everything okay?" I looked over at Alli who immediately dropped her head to stare at her hands. Avoiding my eyes. "I don't really know, he says he wants a break. I just think he wants to be with other girls and for that to be okay but while still having the security of a girlfriend." "Aw, Alli. I'm sorry." I rubbed her leg to comfort her.

"Maybe he doesn't want me?" She then said while looking up at me. "Maybe I'm too young for him and he thinks I'm pulling him back because I'm still at school." "Well then that's stupid. There's a year- not even that- between you guys. Your age gap is smaller than mine and Cody's." "Yes but Cody's still in education." "I thought you didn't like when I give him excuses? You're doing it for Lucas."

"I'm not sure what to do anymore, Iz." She looked up from her hands but only to focus her eyes on Joey. "Have you spoken to him yet?" "I haven't told him how I feel." "You need to." "I'm scared that he'll walk away." "You have to put yourself at risk sometimes, you can't be happy without taking risks." "I'm not sure." "Trust me, Als." I smiled reassuringly at her.

"Cody seems a lot more mature now, don't you think?" Alli changed the subject. "You mean since he started college?" "Yeah, he's a lot-" She was cut off by both James and Cody running out of the house and towards the trampoline. We both laughed as James ran to one side with a cup of water and Cody was on the other side with a wet patch on his shirt and a cup of water in his own hand.

"What were you saying?" I giggled as I looked over at Alli again. She shook her head while laughing. "I have no idea." The sound of Joey screaming caught my attention. One of the boys had thrown their water across the trampoline causing Joey to get wet. "Boys!" I shout to stop them before someone gets hurt or angry.

"He started it!" Cody blammed straight away. "I didn't! You came into the kitchen and threw water at me!" James defended himself. "Would I do that, baby?" Cody pulled me into him and kissed my lips softly, almost as if he was just brushing his lips against mine.

"And I have no one.." James said which made me laugh. "You got me wet!" Joey said while leaping into James' arms. "I'll get you wet later." Cody mumbled in my ear. "Cody!" "What?" He spoke so innocently it almost sounded as if he believed he was innocent. "Are Dad and Sam back yet?" I asked James, ignoring Cody's inappropriate comment.