Chapter 6

"Do you want a coffee?" "No." "Tea?" "No." "Soda?" "No." "Water?" "No." "Alcohol?" Cody raised his eyebrows. I hesitated this time but then shook my head. "No." "You're an amazing guest. Easy to cater for." "I want to leave." "I'll take you home then." "You're so- Ugh!" I jumped off the counter and walked off to look around.

I've never really had a chance to look around the place with all the things in. I saw it before it was full and on moving day but never seen it properly now it's tidy. Well, tidyish. There was a massive window which overlooked an amazing view of bright lights as well as the ocean. "You like?" Cody passed me a glass of wine.

"I said no." I took it from him. "Do you like the view?" He looked outside while drinking from his own glass. "It's beautiful." "Very beautiful." "Stop staring at me." I glared at him. "I haven't been able to look at you for so long." "How did you know where to find me? How did you even know to come looking?" I sat down on the window seat. Cody sat on the other side of it.

"James called. Said you'd just left the house and asked if I knew where to find you and then said to do it or else we'd risk never finding you again." "How did you know?" "Where else would you go? That's a special place for both of us and just an advantage that it's one of the cheapest ways out of this town. I know you a lot better than you wish to believe."

"I'm not going back." "Stay here with me for a while." "I can't stay with you." "Why not?" "Because if Jason finds out, he'll-" "Kill me? I'd love to see him try." Cody send me smirk which made me giggle. "That's bad. I shouldn't laugh at that." I said as I looked out the window. "Stop smiling then." Cody laughed. "I had a dream." I told him.

"Like Martin Luther King?" "No, Cody! Be serious." I giggled. "I like hearing you giggle. You only do that when you're both comfortable and happy." "What do you mean?" "You laugh when you're not happy. But that giggle? That's a sign that you're happy. You don't do that unless you're happy. You laugh when you're sad but you'll never giggle when you're sad. That's the difference."

"Oh." I looked into my glass. "So your dream?" Cody filled the awkward silence after a few moments. "It's more of a nightmare. Well.. The first time it occured was during the day but I was still sleeping. A bad dream. That's what it is, a bad dream." "Isobella?"

"You and Jason are fighting and I'm screaming at you to stop. I'm absolutley terrified of you in this dream. He tries to fight back but you're too strong and you knock him to the floor. He's laid there almost dead while you're kicking him and you just won't stop so I run between you. You push me out the way and make him get up. Then you tell him you'll kill him if he ever touches me again, if he even talks to me again. You'll kill him. He refuses so you start to strangle him. I'm doing everything I can for your attention, either of your attention. I do everything I can but it's as if you can't hear, see or feel me. All I can do is watch you squeeze the life out of him and then I always wake up before he dies. It scares me, Cody. It terrifies me."

"It's happened more than once?" "Five times since we last spoke. You know, when you called me? I had the dream for the first time on the way to the hospital that day." "Isobella, why didn't you tell someone? If it really troubled you this much, you should have told someone." "I told you." "I don't count, bab- Isobella."

"Just because I'm letting you call me that, don't push it." I warned and finished off my wine. "More?" Cody got up. "Are you trying to get me drunk?" "Might be." He smirked playfully. I smiled and watched him walk away. "Wine makes my cheeks go red." "I know, looks like you're blushing." Cody started pouring into my glass. "That's enough.. Stop.. Stooop!" I giggled as he continued to pour.

"So how's school been?" "Boring. I actually have to sit in the lunch hall now." "Why's that?" "I'd look like an idiot sat behind the sports hall by myself." "I used to sit there by myself. After we'd broken up." "I don't want to talk about that." I shook my head. "No. Me neither." Cody agreed. "I really wish we didn't mess up." I admitted.