EIGHTY: Bells

"Y..you're really doing this?! Like, seriously?!"

Mustard had been repeating the same thing over and over for the past hour, ever since I had woken him up and explained what was going on. Toga, on the other hand, was so excited she could barely string a complete sentence together without squealing.

"For the last time, Hisoka, yes! I love him. I wanna do this." I laughed, placing my hands on his shoulders. He didn't look at all convinced, but he relaxed, just a little.
"I just...yeah...okay...If it makes you happy..."

"Of course it'll make her happy! It was her idea, after all!" Toga gave the young man a slap upside the head, immediately ruffling his hair after the fact. "I mean, Dabi's kind of a psycho, but (N/N) can fix him! She's just a bag of blood and sunshine!"

As Toga pinched at my cheeks, Mustard's pensive expression remained.
"I...don't think something like that can be fixed..." He murmured, quickly clearing his throat and motioning towards the door to the storeroom, where we had decided to hold our little shotgun ceremony. "Come on, they're probably waiting for you..."

Alright..! I'm doing this!

Taking a deep, calming breath, which honestly didn't do much, I opened the door. At the far side of the room stood Mr. Compress and Dabi, turning from their conversation once I made my presence known.

"Wonderful! Now that we have the bride, we can begin!" The former announced, obviously enjoying the excuse to be a little more theatrical than usual. Not that it was anything special. We all wore our normal attire, and we were surrounded by non-perishables. Not exactly what anyone would call romantic.

"Ready to make the biggest mistake of your life, Tenderfoot?" Dabi looked down at me as I stood before him, and I pouted.
"I'll be the one to decide whether it's a mistake or not." I replied firmly, hearing Toga smack Mustard somewhere behind us after he muttered something bitter.

"Alright then...Compress, get us hitched already." We both turned to the dapper gentleman in question, and he cleared his throat, fixing his posture.
"As requested, I shall make this short and sweet. Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of (L/N) (F/N) and T-"

"I said quick, magic man." Dabi cut him off with a snap, and I sighed, looking into the side of his face. He seemed a little agitated. Was he nervous? Mr. Compress didn't hide his offence all too well, but continued nonetheless.

"True marriage begins well before the wedding day, and the efforts of marriage continue well beyond the ceremony's end. A brief moment in time and the stroke of the pen are all that is required to create the legal bond of marriage, but it takes a lifetime of love, commitment, and compromise to make marriage durable and everlasting-"

Dabi opened his mouth to cut him off again, but I nudged him with my foot, meeting his eyes with a stern look to tell him to just roll with it. Our friend was doing us a favour, so the least he could do was let the man enjoy it.

Besides...I like it...

Clearing his throat, the masked man continued.
"Today you declare your commitment to each other before family and friends. Your yesterdays were the path to this moment, and your journey to a future of togetherness becomes a little clearer with each new day."

Toga was doing her best to contain her excited squeaks behind us, and Mustard kept his eyes to the floor, shifting his weight back and forth. I knew he had his concerns, but I also knew that the boy was almost as overly protective as Dabi was. He was still too young to understand.