EIGHTY TWO: Betrayal Be Thy Name

"I have to go after Touya..."

Before the words even left my mouth, Mustard had grabbed hold of my forearms, his body language enough to tell me his face was contorted with dread.

"He can take care of himself! L..look, I know you love him, but I need you to stay with me right now, (Y/N)..! I'm weak...You're strong, but not army of Pro Heroes strong!" He was on the low end of shouting, voice trembling with each word. "P..please...Don't leave me alone..."

Twisting my arms, I grabbed ahold of his right back, seeing my torn expression in the lenses of his mask. He was right, I wasn't strong enough to take on an army of pros, but I couldn't stand around and do nothing.

"Hisoka...you are strong! Listen, y..you know the kitchen in the south-east wing? There's a side exit, and it'll be your best chance to escape..." releasing him, I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone, tinkering around in my notes hurriedly before pulling up an address and shoving it into his gloved hands. "When you get out, keep to the trees until you hit the highway. Go to this address. It'll be safe, for now, and once Dabi and I get out, we'll meet you there, okay?"

I shouldn't leave him, but...

If we could all manage to get to Endeavour's property out in the woods, then maybe we had a chance. Shigaraki would wake up soon, so we could regroup and be prepared. It was our best shot, but I had to drag Dabi away from whatever he was trying to do. I could feel it in my bones.

Mustard's body language told me all I needed to know. The boy was more terrified than he had ever been in his life, but he wasn't going to argue with me, no matter how badly he wanted to. 

"I...Okay...I..I'll try...but please, (Y/N)...be safe...Promise me, okay..?" There was a weak desperation in his tone, one that hurt me to hear, but I couldn't run away from this fight. Not when the man I loved was so close.

"I promise! Now go! I'll see you soon!" Taking one final moment to hold his mask-clad face in my hands, meeting his eyes through tinted red with a firm confirmation of our mutual promise, I turned and began sprinting towards the closest stairwell.

Please be okay, Touya..! Please..!

I was well aware that I would be little help to him, but, at the very least, I could be some kind of back-up. We were scattered all over the place, and I honestly didn't have much trust in the organisation we had absorbed.

To avoid unwanted attention, and to boost my meagre speed, I used my quirk to transform myself into a squirrel, hurrying my way up two flights of crumbling stairs.

I could smell smoke, and before I even reached the burning room I could feel an immense heat, but that just told me I was close to finding him. Was he alright? Did he even need me? I doubted as much, but it was too late. I was coming anyway.

The room itself, once I reached it, was empty, Dabi's token blue flames eating away at the wooden interior, but I could hear something. Voices, coming from the balcony on the other side.

Holding my breath, I returned to my true form and dashed through, shielding my face from swirling embers.
"Who the hell are you?!" I knew that voice, shouting out over the bangarang of chaos and bloodshed throughout the mansion.

"Todoroki Touya."

I skidded out onto the balcony as Dabi spoke his true name, finding him blazing in azure fury over Hawks, who was battered, burnt and bruised. They hadn't noticed my arrival, but before I could voice a single word, or even take more than half a step forward, I froze solid.

My eyes caught sight of the familiar black and silver material, though this time it had added splashes of a deep red that just didn't belong. Limbs fell twisted, resting uncomfortably in pools of that damned red again. And the neck...the neck that once propped up the head of one of my best friends, was limp, a face that could now not be seen hanging over the edge of the balcony.