TWENTY THREE: Find Me

"Hello? I've got a pizza delivery here!"

I didn't know what I expected when that strange voice called through the door, but it certainly wasn't the Symbol of Peace bursting through the wall, right into an unsuspecting Spinner. Bakugou squeezed me tightly; shielding me from the debris as root-like tentacles shot through the gaping hole, seizing each and every villain.
"I am here! Bakugou, my boy, and young (L/N), I apologise for the wait! You both must have been so scared!" All Might boomed as he ruffled ashen blond hair. I could feel Bakugou shaking, but I didn't listen to his muttered reply. I was too busy watching Dabi. His ocean eyes were pinned to me; wide and almost glowing. I wanted to save him, but my body was too beaten to even move.

Don't do anything brash, Dabi...Please...

I jumped out of my trance when Kurogiri's head hit the bar-top. Edgeshot stood behind him; obviously having tinkered around and knocked him unconscious. I knew I should have been relieved; I wanted so desperately to go home, and I needed medical attention, but I couldn't bare the thought of never seeing Dabi again. That's when I noticed him again. The cerulean flames licking out from his left side; ready to burn through Kamui's twining limb. Panicked, I squirmed against Bakugou's grip, but it only tightened. Just like my entire body tightened when Gran Torino leapt onto the scene; delivering a sickeningly hard kick to Dabi's temple and knocking him out cold. Squeaking pitifully, I buried my face in Bakugou's chest; tuning out whatever little hissy fit Shigaraki was spewing out towards the symbol of peace.

Something...Someone...Anyone...I'm begging you...Please save Dabi...Don't let them take him away...

My head lurched forward as I threw up, but that wasn't quite what it was. Whatever had shot up from my gullet was thick and black, and it wasn't just me who was beginning to be consumed by the substance. Bakugou; spluttering out choked gurgles, lost his hold on me, but I didn't hit the floor of the bar. I hit concrete.

"Ewie! That was nasty!" Toga shrieked; sticking her tongue out and running it with the sleeve of her sweater. Sitting up, I realised we were somewhere else in the city; the night sky still and starless. Every inch of my body was screaming with pain, but I managed to roll a little; realising I had landed right beside the unconscious Dabi. I didn't care if Bakugou saw me at this point, and I inched over so I was curled up into his side.
"Please...w..wake up..." I whimpered; closing my eyes as more voices arose. He was still incredibly warm, and my fingers curled into the loose fabric of his coat.

Whatever happens...you gotta come find me again...okay..?

There was a new voice mixed in with the familiar tones, and it sent a chill down my bruised spine. I could only assume it belonged to the 'Master' Shigaraki had mentioned; the one who had identified me almost immediately without even glimpsing at my face. I didn't want to pay attention, and I barely flinched when a fearsome crash sounded off merely a yard away.

All Might's here, huh..? Come on...Get up...Open up your beautiful blue eyes and get out of here, Dabi!

"Get up, dammit!" My eyes shot open when I felt someone dragging me away from my limp, lifeless villain, but I hadn't the energy to fight back. I didn't even realise it was Bakugou until he basically threw me onto his back. "Hold the fuck on, cat girl...and don't let go..!" I did what I was told; arms over his shoulders and clinging tight as he began to fight against the advancing league. Dodging and weaving; colossal explosions blasting in each and every direction. The heat was hot and my mouth was dry, but the air was full of too many outrageous sounds to let me focus on the soul being I wanted to. I spotted Twice leaping at us from behind, but in the next moment, he jumped back. I couldn't see his eyes, but something told me he was trying to avoid hitting me. Next was Toga; the swipe of her knife far from straight as her face faltered; bright topaz eyes widening a little when she realised just how close she had come to hacking into my nape.

They're...trying not to hurt me..?

"BAKUGOU!" We both looked up as a loud voice screamed out from above. One we had both become accustomed to. My vision was hazy, but I would recognise Kirishima anywhere. "HERE!" He threw his hand out, and I could see it as clear as day, despite everything else being a terrible, chaotic blur.
"Oi..." Bakugou turned his head slightly towards me; panting and ignoring the slowly approaching Shigaraki who had his own demonic hand outstretched. "...Don't you dare let go of me..." In a swift movement, he spun me around so I was clinging to his front, and his palms began to crackle. Burying my face in his sweat-stained tank top, I couldn't care to look at Dabi as we flew up into the air. The wind lashed at my skin, and my wounded shoulder seared with pain as I tried to stay attached to the rocketing first year.

Dabi...Find me...You better get out of here and find me, dammit!

The godawful sounds stopped, and I felt a nervous chuckle rumble in Bakugou's chest.
"Took you long enough!"
"I..Is that (Y/N)?!" Kirishima's voice was shrill, but still, I didn't move. "Is she okay?! How the hell did they get her?!"
"How the fuck should I know how they got your damn girlfriend?! All I know is they beat her the fuck up!" All the shouting was chipping away at my stability, and I silently prayed that we'd land soon. I got my wish, as we began to descend into the winding city streets.

It hurts...It hurts too much...I couldn't help him...Wh..what if he-

"You can get off me, now..." Bakugou growled; basically peeling me off, but keeping his hands on me to keep me upright.
"Shit, (Y/N), you're really hurt! Fuck, what did they do to you..?!" I was snatched from the scorching hands of the blond, and I finally focused when crimson hues stared into my battered face. Kirishima looked terrified; his calloused hands checking me over head to toe, and the sight of someone so familiar to me was what sent me over the edge.
"E..Eijiro..." I whimpered in a broken voice before I threw myself into his chest; hiccuping sobs coming out like the sound of crackling foil. He didn't hesitate in pulling me as close as possible, and his fingers twined in my knotted (H/C) hair gently.
"H..hey, now...Shhhh, it's okay...I've gotcha...You're safe now..." He whispered into my ear; effortlessly lifting me into his arms and beginning to walk off with the others, whom I didn't recognise at all. I knew he had misunderstood why I was crying, but I needed his comfort more than ever. 

H..how can I keep doing this..? How can I even consider calling myself a hero after that?! If I keep loving Dabi...how am I supposed to choose?!

My internal conflict continued as Kirishima pressed a soft, quivering kiss to my forehead; his arms holding me as close as humanly possible.
"I'm never gonna let you get hurt again, (Y/N)...You have my promise as a man...I'm gonna protect you from villains like that..."

.
.
.
.
***I hate everything about this chapter skfbdocbsodbspdbs***