FORTY TWO - Who's The Boss?

"Sorry, I'm a little hard of hearing. The fuck did you just say, you forbidden frosted flake-producing fuck?!"

Twice flinched back when Shigaraki directed his glare towards him, and I remained wedged between both Dabi and Mustard, fighting the urge to lash out. My temper had gotten better over the past days, but that was likely due to the fact that I had stayed at my own house after my drama with Amajiki. Nothing there really gaslighted me like it did at the hideout.

"I said we're moving. It's too dangerous, staying in the city. After blowing up that convoy our organisation is in the limelight again, and we all know what happened last time we were this famous..." The powderet explained, leaning against the wall with a hand scratching absently at his thigh. "My connection found us a place a few hours out west, so we're leaving today."

Wait...does that mean..?

"Uh...does that include me..? I mean, I'm still supposed to have school...and work..." I piped up after clearing my throat, looking everywhere except his face.
"Don't dance around the details, girl..."

The pair of boys flanking me seemed to move in closer, effectively trapping me within their protection. I was partially relieved, because the way Shigaraki had phrased it had made me feel uneasy.
"Oooh, you have a connection? Is it a girl? Do you have a girlfriend, Shiggy?!" Toga grabbed her own face in her hands, starry-eyed and pink-cheeked at the thought, though she received a gagging reaction from our boss.
"Disgusting..."

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it...

"After transporting us, Kurogiri will be leaving for his own little mission...so make sure you have everything you need done done." He continued, and I felt sick to my stomach. There was no way I could continue to juggle UA, my apprenticeship and the League if I had to follow them out to the middle of nowhere. Usually I was a positive person, but there was no way and no how when it came to this predicament.

Shortly after, Shigaraki stalked off, muttering something about calling some kind of doctor, and the rest of us just kind of loitered, lost and frustrated.
"Well, this blows..." Mustard spoke up after a while, tapping his fingers against the helmet he had begun wearing again. "Bet there's not gonna be any Wi-Fi out there..."

"That's the least of our fucking concerns, halfwit." Dabi scowled, reaching over my shoulder to shove him a bit. "Do you know how hard this shit is gonna be for me? I'm on recruitment. My ass is gonna be constantly on the line having to go back and forth."

Uh...

It took a little while, but eventually both of the boys noticed my silence, then it clicked.
"Oh, shit...You've got school..." Mustard cringed, rubbing my back with his gloved hand. Not only school, but my internship, my family; not that they were ever around, and friends. The choice was inevitable, but I didn't want it to be so soon.

"I'll go and tell the motherfucker that you won't be-"
"No...I'll talk to him..." I cut him off, beginning to walk off in the same direction our leader had, but Dabi grabbed hold of my wrist.
"Like hell! I'm not letting you be alone with him...Ever..." He growled, his eyes trailing to the space on my shirt that hid my unsightly scarring.

"I need to stop being a people pleaser...Isn't that what you wanted?" I sighed, feeling his hand lax enough to pull myself free. "If I don't sort this out on my own, it'd be no better." With that, I walked away, internally fretting over how this little conversation would go down.

It seemed that Shigaraki had retired to his room, and I boldy rapped on the door with my knuckles.
"Who is it and what do you want?" He called out, sounding less than impressed.
"Uh, it's (Y/N)...Could we have a word?" The sounds of him shuffling along the floor seemed to go on forever until the door clicked open, and he was already on his way back to his chair, waving me in.
"Hurry up, then."