TWELVE: How Can You Be So Stupid?

"No."

Dabi's face was like the hardest stone, and it made me flinch back.
"B..but..." I swallowed; taken aback by his sudden harshness. "...Mum and Dad are working...and I hate being alone..." The ravonette just shrugged and laid back down in his bed; arms up behind his head.
"So? Call that little elf kid...or that shark week guy. I don't care."

But...I thought you did...That's why I'm here...

"I...see...Well...I'll just...go, then..." I murmured; standing up and slowly walking towards the door. I had hoped that he'd change his mind before I reached it, but he didn't even turn his head. It hurt. Heaving a sigh, I turned the handle; yipping out like a startled puppy when I came face to face with a large, copper-haired being.
"Dabi, I swear to god, if you don't stop...Oh, is this the little pussycat I've heard so much about?!" I took a small step back and bowed politely; forcing a smile onto my face.
"(L/N) (F/N). Nice to meet you."
"Such a cutie! I'm Magne, sweetie, and the pleasure is all mine!" She smiled back at me with plump lips, and she peered over the top of my head at the grouchy villain. "Dabi, I hope you've been treating her well!" The man just grunted and rolled over to stare at the wall; making my shoulders slump dejectedly.
"I...should go..." I said quietly as I tried to slip past Magne. A sturdy hand grabbed my shoulder and stopped me in an instant.
"I think not! What you need is a girl's night! You, me and the little vampire brat!" I struggled a little as Magne threw me over her shoulder like a sack of sand; using my eyes to plead with Dabi as he glanced over his shoulder. There was hesitation in his gaze, but he simply just rolled back over and allowed me to be carted off.

Traitor!

--------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know why I had been so concerned about Magne dragging me away. It had only been a few short hours, and I was already fitting right in with the mismatched pair.
"So, what's the go with you and Mr. Tall, Dark and Brooding?" Magne asked teasingly; her socked feet kicking around in the air as she laid on her stomach. I almost choked on the popcorn I was chewing and swallowed it down in a painful gulp.
"The go? We're just friends! He doesn't like me like that..." I explained a little too urgently.
"What?! But you're a catch, (N/N)!" Toga exclaimed; not bothering to look up from cleaning one of the many knives that were strewn across the creme bed sheets.
"Yeah...one of those fish that smacks the fisherman in the face and makes them hurl them back in the lake..." I chuckled sadly. "I'm annoying and I'm not all that smart...plus I look like a grade schooler!" I wasn't wrong. My choices of outfits were cutesie and bright; not that I really minded.
"Personally, I think you're Dabi's secret type! God knows he's hopeless with the ladies." Magne snickered; rolling over onto her back.
"That's not what he told me..." I murmured as I thought back on how he had boasted of his past sexual encounters. The girls both burst into hysterics, and I had to lean away to avoid being sliced by Toga's bowie knife.
"Him?! Dab-Dab's a virgin if ever I saw one! He probably just wanted to make himself sound tough!" She cackled wildly.
"It was his turn to do the laundry the other day...You should have seen him handling our panties! He looked like he was about to explode!" Magne snorted; sitting up to clutch her stomach.

But...why did he lie about it?

"You like like him, don't you?!" I squeaked when I heard Toga's voice so close to my ear and scrambled back; almost off the edge of the bed.
"W..well...he saved my life...and he's really nice sometimes...so...um...yes?" I couldn't lie. I did find myself becoming more and more attracted to Dabi, so why deny it?
"But what about all those nasty burns? I mean, he isn't exactly what you'd call aesthetic..." Magne mused as she stood up and padded over to her wardrobe.
"They're part of him, though? It just shows he's had a tough time and needs some love..." I slapped my hand over my mouth the second my sentence tumbled out. Toga tackled me off the bed; thankfully throwing her knife in the opposite direction, and rolled around with me in her arms.
"YOU LOVE HIM! L! O! V! E!" She screeched, and I decided it was smarter to cover her mouth and not my own.
"Shhhh! I...I just like him, okay?! Love is a...strong word...I like you guys, too...so just...shhh!" My face was hot, and I prayed that Dabi couldn't hear this ruckus from down the hall.
"You like me?! Wow, that's something I haven't heard before! Does that mean I can have some of your blood?!" Her eyes twinkled as she sat up on my stomach, and I felt like I couldn't refuse. I was already aware of her quirk, so I didn't mind as long as she didn't use my body for evil.
"A..as long as it isn't too much..." I murmured; spluttering as she left up and raced out of the room.
"I'll be right back!" She cheered; disappearing from sight.
"You do realise she'll never quit asking you, now?" Magne sighed; returning from her wardrobe with a black hoodie. It had cerulean accents, and the sleeves looked moth-eaten and ragged.
"I don't mind...I like to help..." I said; lifting a brow. "What's that?"
"Oh, this?" The woman held up the hoodie and grinned mischievously. "Swiped it from Dabi's clean laundry." I yelped as she tossed it over my head; his unmistakable scent covering me completely.
"B..but...why?" I asked; peeling it away from my face.
"I was gonna try and sew up the tears...but I think he'd have an absolute stroke if you wore it." The bed creaked when she sat down; watching me hesitantly slip it on over my (F/C) top. It was several sizes too big, but it was the most comfortable thing I had ever worn. I couldn't fight back the slight heat that began to pool in my cheeks.
"I like it...but...he's mad at me..." I murmured; suddenly feeling down.
"Honey, he's a moody little shit. He's probably just taking out his frustrations with Tomura on you." Magne sighed before we both jumped when Toga burst back into the room with a small metal box and an empty jam jar.
"Pick a vein, any vein!" She all but screeched; coming to kneel in front of me. Unphased, I rolled up the ebony sleeve on my right arm and held it out for her.
"Remember...I have school tomorrow...so not too much today, okay?" I reminded her calmly; feeling a little nervous only when she opened her box to pull out an IV cord and some strangely modified needle, along with a medical-grade tourniquet.
"Yeah yeah, I know..." She mumbled; tongue sticking out through her teeth as she began to set up. "Oh, Dabi was outside the door when I ran out. He was gone when I got back, though..."
"He what?!" I trailed off into a groan and tilted my head back as Toga fastened the tourniquet tightly around my upper arm; poking at the vein that raised against my skin. "He would've heard everything!"
"Good. Now he won't be an oblivious little fucker." Magne laughed; picking up an outdated magazine and leaning back into her pillows so she wouldn't have to watch the procedure.
"I dunno...he was just standing there. Maybe his eardrums are as burnt as his face?!" Toga giggled; flawlessly slipping the tip of the needle into my arm and beginning her task. I kept my eyes on the ceiling; not wanting to see my blood dripping into the jar, but I could definitely hear it. Feel it, too.
"He's definitely not deaf..." I mumbled; already beginning to feel a little light headed.