SIXTY FOUR: Endgame

I had never believed that Dabi could ever be the clingy type...but I was proven wrong the moment I told him that I would be going back undercover.

"Uh...Touya..? I need to pee..." For the past three hours, I had been trapped on the bed, my back pressed against his chest and a knee either side of me. His arms tightened around my middle, and I felt the heat of his breath against the back of my neck.
"Hold it."

I've been holding it for an hour, I'm gonna explode!

Whining and squirming, I tried to fight for my escape, but he had me beat in strength.
"Touya, please..! If you squeeze me any harder I'm gonna leak!" Half laughing and half wailing, I tapped out against his arm, and finally, he released me, and I nearly tripped over my own feed on my sprint towards the bathroom.

After the most relieving two minutes of my life, I washed my hands and wandered back out to find Dabi in the exact same spot, apart from the fact that his head lolled back towards the ceiling. Sighing, I moved to sit beside him, deciding to wait for him to speak, if he wanted to.
"I won't be able to visit you. There's too much heat at the moment, and without Kurogiri, it'll be harder to move you back and forth..." He mumbled, refusing to meet my gaze.

If I had a choice...

Reaching out, I brushed my fingertips against his cheek, and he kind of leaned into it.
"I'll talk to Tomura about it. Depending on what he needs, I can try to make it quick. Really, I doubt me going back could be of much use. They'll be skeptical, seeing as I'm supposedly brainwashed..."

Dabi leaned forward, rubbing his face with his hands and groaning to himself.
"What if you really are, though? I mean, Stockholm Syndrome is a thing. You could get back there and just...realise that you made a mistake..." It hurt to hear him talk like that, with so much insecurity. Even if I told him it would never happen, his concerns wouldn't ease, I knew that. It proved that he truly cared about me.

"Touya, how about you and I make a promise..?" Shifting, I faces him on the bed, crossing my legs. He looked up at me, skeptical, but nodded anyway. "When we've succeeded, how about we...I dunno...get our own place? We could live in the city...or the countryside...Oh! Adopt a whole bunch of animals! Just you and me! I mean, of course we'll visit the others, but, like, you're my endgame, y'know?"

His ocean eyes searched mine with a new kind of intensity, like waves lapping against the shore right before a storm hit. The silence was deafening, but before I could stammer out an apology and admit how stupid I sounded, he took my hand.
"How about I take that idea...and push it just a little further..?" He hummed, kind of rolling my fingers gently in his as a sort of distraction.

"Further..?" I repeated, cocking my head and blinking a few times. "How? Adopting Hisoka? Because I would totally be u-"
"N..no, you idiot..." He cut me off, brow furrowed now and cheek pinched by the inside of his mouth. "If you really think that I'm your endgame...then...let's get hitched..."

Uh...what the what now..?!

My (E/C) eyes widened, and my mouth popped open into a little 'o' shape as I tried to register his suggestion. Had I heard him right? Was there another meaning of that word I was unaware of?
"Hi..hitched..? You mean...like...married..?" He nodded slowly, as though his neck had rusted solid, and looked down to the folds in the duvet.

"I'm not really the marriage type...and I know you only just turned eighteen...but if it's a promise to stay together..." He grunted, pulling his hand back and raking it down his face, where purple faded up into cherry. "I don't know what the fuck's coming out of my mouth. Just...if it's something you want, I wouldn't say no...so...if it isn't, then forget about it..."