THIRTY SEVEN: Agenda

She's good...

...A good girl...

...Protect the good girl...

...Kill anyone who looks at good girl...

I played sprawled out beside Eri as she dozed; her hand stroking my chest, and stared at the door with dark (E/C) eyes. I had no idea how long it had been since I had been made to stand guard, but every time someone came inside with a meal, or for any other reason, I would snap more than the last.

Staying in the form of a wolverine was the worst possible move for my own psyche, but my life was on the line. There were cameras in every corner of the room, and if Overhaul was to know I deactivated my quirk, he'd kill me dead. After so much time, that honestly wasn't even on my mind anymore. Toga and Twice were a hazy blur in the back of my head, as was Dabi, and the rest of my life outside. All I could focus on was that door, and how agitated I felt when I saw so much as a shadow through the crack.

Gotta keep her safe...Rip apart anyone who goes near her...especially the masked men...

When I heard the click of a lock, I leapt up onto my feet over Eri, who startled awake and followed my gaze. It was a new scent this time, but I treated it no differently than the last few. The man who entered wore no mask, but his thin eyes and pointed tendrils made me want to kill him anyway.

"We need to go, Eri. Immediately. Come with me." He seemed unphased by my bared teeth and risen hackles, which just made my blood reach boiling point.
"I..I don't wanna...I don't wanna go, Mr. Kurono..." The little girl whispered, trying to make herself even smaller beneath me.

Back off! Get out of here! You smell like them!

The man she referred to as Kurono sighed and took a step forward, reaching his hand out.
"We don't have time for you to be difficult, girl. Kai needs you to come, so be a good child and-" The second his hand was within range, I lashed out, barely missing his wrist with my claws.

DON'T TOUCH MY GIRL!

I was barely there anymore. Something, way down deep in the pits of my mind, I knew this had something to do with the planned hero assault, but that didn't matter to me anymore. Kurono stared at me without a single shred of emotion for a few moments.

"Eri, this is important. Tell your...thing...to let me take you...Unless you want me to kill it." He turned his sharp glare to the girl; my girl, and she gulped loudly. I tried to remain above her as she squirmed out from beneath me, but it wasn't much use.
"N..Nozomi...It..It's okay...Don't eat Mr. Kurono...He'd hurt your tummy..."

You stink of fear! I won't let you go with him! I'll kill him first!

I certainly didn't have much of a plan when I leapt at the stoic villain. I just knew I wanted to tear him limb from limb, and to bite down on his throat until he rattled out his final breath. Of course, I didn't even think twice about what his quirk might be, but when one of those arrow-like tendrils shot out, it was too late to try and rethink my attack.

I hit the far wall with a loud, guttural grunt, crashing down onto the nightstand, then the floor.
"Nozomi!" I heard Eri cry out, and I was already climbing to my feet. The only problem was that my body felt heavy. Incredibly heavy, and each step I took was half the speed they should have been. When I saw his hands against her shoulders, and the way she meekly obeyed him as he pushed her through the doorway, I lost any sense of humanity I had been clinging to.

I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU..!

!