THIRTY FOUR: Are You In?

Well...bleep me sideways...I'm screwed...

I sat upon the edge of Amajiki's bathtub with a hand covering my mouth, staring at the opened text I had just received from Shigaraki.

'You're going to work with that Yakuza bastard. Make up some bullshit and come to me at midnight tonight. Don't be late, girl'

"Uh...are you alright in there..?" Upon hearing Amajiki shyly knocking on the door, I squeaked out and slid back into the empty tub; 'oof'ing just a little louder than I had intended. "(Y..Y/N)..?!"
"I'M HUNKY DORY, TAMAKI!" I called out in a fluster, trying to scramble out of the large basin. Cursing my less than graceful self, I quietly groaned as I turned to view myself in the mirror above the sink.

My (H/C) hair was a right mess; sticking out in every which direction, and dark, puffy bags sat beneath my sunken, (E/C) eyes. I didn't want to follow Shigaraki's orders, but I was a woman of my word. There wasn't anything I could do about it. Adjusting my mess of a self, I yanked on my uniform blazer and exited the bathroom, almost knocking the shy little ravonette flying.

"O..oh, sorry!" I squeaked out as he straightened himself out and looked at my scruffy appearance.
"I'm fine...but...are you? Y..you look so tired..." Hesitantly, he reached out and placed the back of his hand against my forehead. "I..if you're sick, you shouldn't come to school..."

I don't deserve a friend like him...

"J..just some nerves from yesterday! I'm in tip top shape, I swear!" I laughed it off as I gave him a smile, trying to make sure I was convincing. "Besides, didn't Fat want us to meet him uptown after first period? Can't neglect my duties, now can I?!" I took his hand from my head and squeezed it reassuringly, but he didn't look at all convinced.

His fingers twined with mine, which I found to be an incredibly bold move for the timid little darling, and his mouth formed a thin line.
"Just...let me know if you're not feeling well...please..." He murmured, making my heart squeeze tight. I truly just wanted to spill my secrets then and there, but I just couldn't. Amajiki wanted to be a hero, and he was already a darn good one. If he were to know my position; that I was affiliated with The League of Villains, he'd surely hate me.

"Promise!" Perking up; painfully, I began to drag him out of his house to walk to school. My stomach was twisting and turning at the thought of anybody finding out, but especially those who I was closest to. Amajiki, Kirishima, Fatgum...My parents...If I had to leave them behind, it would kill me.

I just...need to keep pretending that everything is the same as before...then...it'll all be fine..!

----------------------------------------

"You haven't been working as much lately, Chickadee! Of course you wouldn't have known!"

All I could do was gawk at Fatgum, who was struggling not to laugh at the horrendously dumb look of surprise that was stuck to my face. He was right - I hadn't been doing as many shifts with him as I had used to, per both his and Amajiki's requests, but I still felt way too out of the loop considering nobody had bothered to tell me.

"Sorry, (Y/N)! I know I said that I applied, and that I was probably going to start with Fat, but I wanted to surprise you!" Kirishima grinned and tilted his head to the side, and I couldn't help but smile back at him with genuine happiness.

"This is awesome, Eijiro! I have my two besties working with me now!" I cheered, diving to grab both him and the flustering ravonette into headlocks. Both made strange little squeaks in surprise, and Fatgum covered with mouth with his hand.
"Um...you may wanna check the lads' positions there, kidlett..." He snickered, and it took me a few extra seconds to register that they were both pressed rather firmly into my chest.