SIXTY: The Fall

"They're here..."

It hadn't taken them all that long to arrive, but now that they had, I was petrified. With my face pressed up against the glass, I watched as smoke began to rise from the city limits.

"I'd scoot back if I were you, kid..." Giran warned me in a rasping voice from his chair. "Don't want you seeing anything you shouldn't." Shaking my head, I did the exact opposite, my cheek smooshing more against the window.
"No...No, I believe in them...They can do this..."

Can they..?

Tapping his foot slowly, Giran chuckled, though it sounded more like crinkling newspaper.
"Did I say I didn't believe in them..? Look, I just don't want you to see more than you bargained for. You seem like a nice kid..." Momentarily tearing myself away, I crawled over to him, frowning even more once I saw just how damaged he looked.
"I know what they're all capable of. I want to watch them win."

The bang of the door slamming open made me squeak out, and in strolled ReDestro, chest puffed out proudly.
"It's happening! They got here much faster than I anticipated, but that doesn't change a thing!" He approached us with long strides, coming to stop directly beside me. "I'm curious to see what lengths your little rebels will go to to get you back. Bubagaiwara seemed awfully upset about Giran, and your flaming Romeo sure did have a mouth on him in the background. You know them best, little darling. Who do you think will be sacrificed first?"

I hated myself for thinking of Mustard. He was smaller and less experienced than the others, and I could only pray that he wouldn't be left alone to fend for himself. Dabi wasn't doing too well, either. His quirk just didn't agree with him. If he was forced to let loose, I didn't even want to think of how it would effect him.

"I think...that you have no idea what you just got yourself into..." I said firmly, trying my best not to sound unsure. "All you have are basic statistics you've scrounged up." Looking down his nose at me, the man scoffed, amusement dancing in his eyes.
"Well, aren't you little miss optimistic?" He rolled his eyes, spinning on his heel and walking back towards the door with his spindly legs. "Skeptic!"

Out of sight out of mind, I quickly returned my focus back to the cityscape. I saw smoke, I saw small amounts of debris, but after a while, I saw blue. Scorching licks of blue.
"It's Dabi!" It was lucky the windows weren't too fragile, otherwise I would have ended up dangling over the edge by my shackles after pressing against it so hard.

Please don't die please don't die please don't die!

Even my thoughts came to a halt when I saw it. A crisper blue, almost white, that was definitely not flame. It was ice.
"G..Geten..." I whispered the man's name, and the glass clouded from my breath, obstructing my view. Suddenly, I didn't want to watch anymore. My heart was trying to clamber up into my throat, but I just couldn't bring myself to look away.

Dabi was strong. I knew that. I had seen it. However, being strong didn't mean anything in the world of quirks. That had been one of the first lessons Fatgum had taught me when I had first started my internship at his agency. It all came down to who you were up against. I remembered the discussion quite clearly. Fatgum had used Eraserhead as an example. If I were to face off with him, I would barely stand a chance due to how his quirk overhauled mine.

If Geten's ice was stronger than Dabi's flames, then I may never see him again.

My fear began to rise as I thought about the others and who they may be up against. If ReDestro hadn't been bluffing, then the Liberation Army had a never-ending arsenal of quirks at their disposal, meaning disaster.

I could lose all of them at once...

On and on, I just started out the window, tucking my knees to my chest, completely ignoring everything else around me, even when ReDestro and the lanky ravonet who had abducted me returned to the room, discussing courses of action. They didn't sound too panicked, but from the bits and pieces of conversation that got through to me, I could tell The League was pushing through their barricades.