FORTY THREE - And They Were Roommates

"This...is a shack...You brought eight of us out here...to the middle of nowhere...to live in a shack?!" Spinner howled, clutching his gaming console to his chest. "Why do I not see a television?!" Shigaraki seemed to ignore his reaction, plonking himself down in one of the tatty looking armchairs, kicking his feet up to rest on the wooden crate that was acting as a coffee table.

"A shack is smaller than this. There are plenty of rooms, if you all double or triple up...Would you rather internet or incarceration?" He questioned with a yawn, resting his cheek on his hand.
"Incarceration!" The reptilian was joined in by Mustard, and I sighed, shifting a little closer to Dabi as I peered around.

It was in pretty bad condition, to say the least. Whatever paint was left on the walls was peeling, the fly screen in the windows had more holes than a golf course, and there was a peculiar smell that made my nose twitch. It wasn't at all pleasant.

"It looks like the kind of place serial killers come to chop up cheerleaders. I love it!" Twice snooped around, lugging what appeared to be a lime green shagpile carpet, rolled into a log.
"I will not tolerate that...monstrosity...in this abode, Bubaigawara..." Kurogiri stated sharply, looking repulsed by the man's one beloning.
"I know, right?! It's hideous! I just can't part with it!"

"Ugh...Anyway...I will be heading off tomorrow, so if any of you have forgotten anything, or are in need of any other items, please make sure to let me know before I depart." Kurogiri announced, eyeing the thick layers of dust on the windowsill. "I have already allocated rooms, so whatever belongings you had packed are placed accordingly."

Oh God...Who am I with?!

It was as though our second in command had fired a starting pistol. All of us, minus Dabi, Kurogiri and Shigaraki, began sprinting towards the stairs, many of us ignoring the threatening creaks and groans of complaint they made as we climbed. There were four rooms up there, and we knew at least a few of us wouldn't be happy with our designated roommates. Of course, it was a given that Shigaraki would have his own room. That was confirmed when the first door we all checked had nothing but a bed and his costume hanging inside.

"Ooooh! I'm with Twicey!" Toga cheered, jumping up and down in the doorway of the second room to the right. Mr. Compress peered into the first room on the left, humming to himself.
"It seems like I shall be becoming more acquainted with my fellow adult males in the next room down...Lucky me..." He sighed, taking a step back and rubbing at his prosthetic.

"Heh, Dabi ain't gonna like this." Spinner snickered, hauling his console and backpack into the room, followed by the lacklustre magician. Feeling a tug at my sleeve, I turned to see my reflection in the familiar red lenses of a gas mask.
"You're okay to stay in the same room as me, right?" Mustard asked, seeming a little concerned. "I'd understand if you felt more comfortable with Toga, seeing as she's kind of a girl and all..."

Nope.

"Of course I am! I've stayed in your room plenty of times, plus I don't think I'd get much sleep if I was sharing with Toga..." I chuckled, though it was kind of forced. I was still very disheartened by the whole situation. The boy leant forward a bit, pulling his helmet off before giving me a cheerful smile.
"This'll be awesome, then! We can collect stuff and make it look really cool!"

I will love and protect this child until the day I die!

Slinging my arm over Mustard's shoulders, we walked into our room, taking in all its glory. Or rather, lack of. Mildew on the walls, dust and goodness knows what else on the floor. Not to mention the huge crack in the ceiling above one of the beds.
"Well this has...character..." I murmured, staring up at the gaping void as I stepped further in. "D..do you wanna flip a coin to choose who gets that side, or..?"