SIXTEEN: Back Against the Wall

"...and then, I swear to god, he tied to crush us!" Mina exclaimed; her arms flailing in the air.
"Now we gotta do extra study..." Kaminari added with a sigh as his shoulders slumped down. I had joined my first year friends on their little shopping trip, much to my delight, and we were currently in some strange little store filled with accessories.
"It doesn't sound so bad! Besides, I'm sure you two had to really make Nezu think hard!" I chuckled; turning my attention to Kirishima, who was sifting through a rack of bandanas and mumbling to himself. Striding over, I tapped his shoulder. "What's up?" His eyes widened a little for a moment before he grinned back; scratching his neck.
"Oh, uh, I just can't decide which one to get. Bakubro blew my last one up, and I need it to keep my hair out of my face." He explained as I began scanning the colourful sheets of material.
"Hmmm...I think...this one!" I pulled out a (F/C) one and held it up proudly. "It's my favourite colour! It would look great on one of my favourite boys, don'tchya think?!" Kirishima seemed to almost short circuit; his lip almost quivering as he took it in his hand and puffed his chest out.
"I love it! Th..thanks, (Y/N)!" He almost shouted in my face before bounding off towards the register.
"Shit, he's got it baaaaaaad~!" Kaminari snickered; nudging Mina in the ribs. The pink-haired sweetheart nodded in agreement before slinging her arm over me.
"When's the wedding?!" My face began to burn, and I squirmed about under her weight.
"H..huh?! Y..you and your crack ships, Mina..." I laughed; trying to brush it off as a joke.

I hope it's a joke...

"There's nothing crack about it! Oh my gosh, don't tell me you're that dense to how much he loooooooves you?!" She gasped; her ebony scleras right in my face. A fluffy tail; matching the ones owned by my two precious pets, appeared from my rear and curled between my legs. A matching set of ears pressed flat against my head.
"He...so doesn't...I mean, he's one of my best friends!"

But so is Tamaki...and Fatgum said...

"A..anyway! I'm gonna go look at...uh...that cool looking store by the bathrooms! Y..yeah! That hardcore place!" I squeaked; starting to leg it out of the shop.
"You mean Hot Topic..?" Kaminari snorted; cupping his hands around his mouth so I could hear.
"I knew that!" Once I had escaped the pair of first years, I slowed my pace down to a lazy stroll. I didn't want to think about either boy having feelings for me. It was too much now that Dabi was in my life. I loved them all dearly, but it was just a big mess in my head. Sighing, I pulled out my phone and began texting the stoic ravonette.

To: Coat Brand Dabi
-Hey, just wondering what sizes you wear?! :3

It didn't take long to get a response, which made me smile.

From: Coat Brand Dabi
- Pervert.
- Large in top. I need room for my angst.
- why?

And your ego!

To: Coat Brand Dabi ♥
- It's a surprise! 😇💚

I pocketed my phone as I wandered into the store; making a beeline for the men's wear. I wasn't sure why I was intending on buying a gift for Dabi; I just thought that he deserved...something, and this store seemed to be up his ally. I hadn't heard of any of the bands presented on the T-shirts, but some of them looked awfully rough. I wasn't even sure if Dabi was into music at all, so I quickly dropped that idea. Pants were a no go, considering sizes could be all out of whack, so that left jackets. As I approached the rack, I noticed another person; or, rather, bird, browsing through what they had to offer. I recognised him as one of Kirishima's classmates, and smiled to myself.
"Hi there!" The poor boy almost jumped a good three feet in the air before composing himself and nodding to me.
"Hello..." He sure looked like he didn't want to be noticed, so I toned my voice down a little.
"Sorry about that, I'm just loud by nature! I'm (L/N) (F/N), second year at UA! I'm friends with Kirishima and Mina!" I stuck out my hand, and to my surprise he didn't hesitate to shake it politely.
"Tokoyami Fumikage. I just did not expect somebody as exuberant as yourself to be shopping here..." He explained as he turned his attention back to the clothes.
"Maybe she's a closet emo, like you! Fufufufufu!" I blinked once as something wafted from his chest; bright eyes without pupils watching me.