TWENTY: Choices

I could hear students crying out from every direction, and it was torture. I'd managed to remove the MECMO device without switching back into a human, but my breathing was strained. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to wear it, but it was either cooperation or disintegration; the former seeming like the best choice.

Where the frick is Dabi..?!

I raced along the treeline; trying to pick up his scent, but the smoke was throwing me off. That was, until, I caught a whiff of something. It smelled like him, but not quite right. Slowing my pace, I slunk into the bushes and followed my nose. People were nearby; I could sense them, and I finally ended up peering into the window of one of the main buildings. It was a risk, but finding Dabi was a priority. The first person I recognised was Kirishima; boldly standing beside the 1B teacher Vlad King. His eyes were narrowed and his chest puffed out, and I followed his gaze to exactly who I had been searching for.

Dabi...what are you doing..?!

The ravonette had his hand extended towards them; his piercing eyes staring right back into vibrant crimson. It took me barely a second to realise exactly what he was about to do.

I BEGGED YOU NOT TO HURT HIM, YOU-

I whined loudly as he sent out a rush of blue flame, but it was in vain. Aizawa, the absolute godsend, came bursting in in the nick of time and smashed him against the floor; stomping on his head repeatedly. If I hadn't already realised it was a clone, I would have leapt through the window and defended him, but I merely watched on; a burning anger rising in my guts. Unable to risk being spotted, I turned tail and ran back into the forest; mind set on finding Dabi. My wound was still bleeding, and each step came with a rush of pain, but I couldn't stop.

WHERE ARE YOU?! GAH...I SHOULD'VE JUST LET SHIGARAKI TURN ME TO DUST..!

"Sacré bleu, a wolf?!" I skidded to a halt; jarring my wounded shoulder in the process. The shouted whisper came from behind me, and I turned to see a quivering blond; sitting with his back against the bushes beside two unconscious students. I stared at him with wide eyes, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything more. He was ready to cry; I could tell by the way his lip wobbled, and I wished I could comfort him. I wished that I had no part in this bloodshed, or that it had never happened at all. Suddenly, I low mumbling broke me out of my thoughts, and both of us turned our attention.
"...Nomu?" I only caught the end of the sentence, but that was definitely Twice's voice. There were flames whipping dangerously close to where it came from, but I didn't care. Quickly, I raced towards it; pausing only slightly to take one last look at the young man I'd unintentionally frightened before leaping into the fray.

DABI!

I began to growl the second I saw him, and he looked taken aback for an entire moment before relaxing.
"Tenderfoot, where's the brat?" He asked; disinterested and flat. I growled again and moved closer.

HE'S BEEN CAUGHT! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SEND A CHILD OUT HERE, ESPECIALLY WITH A GUN?!

"Oooh, she's turned rabid! GET YOUR FUCKING DOG, BITCH!" Twice screeched; shoving Dabi forward and retreating a few steps. I was beyond livid, and my pain only seemed to ignite my anger; just like the flames that grew around us.
"I'm guessing he got taken down...Ah well, c'mon...We're done here..." He moved to head off, but I snarled again; this time lunging to snap at him. "The fuck is your problem..?" His eyes widened a little when he saw the blood matted into my fur, but he didn't say anything of it. Almost every fibre of my being wanted to tear his to shreds, and just as I was about to attack again, I felt a harsh sting against the side of my face.
"It don't bite! YES IT DO!" Twice announced; his measuring tape glistening in the light of the blue flames.