SIXTY ONE: Useless

I was flying.

Well, not exactly flying, but we definitely weren't falling any longer. More like slowly, wonkily drifting down towards the ground. The pain I was experiencing was almost unbearable, but I had to focus on holding on to Twice's hand. In turn, he was clinging to his fellow clone and Giran.

"It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's..." One of the Twice clones gasped dramatically in a strained shout. "...a fuckin' bird!" Now, I knew I had definitely manifested some kind of extension to my body, but I was in no position to check it out for myself. All I wanted to do was get the guys to safety before I passed out from the pain.

It proved a near impossible task as rubble began to fall all around us. If I had in fact grown wings, I wasn't used to them, so I had no idea how to dodge. The moment one was clipped by crumbling brick, we were falling again, but thankfully we were much closer to the ground. I had barely made contact with the earth when I started to writhe around, screaming and crying out as my body blazed.

"Oh shit! Gotta put her down!"

"No, idiot! She's in pain!"

"OwO, does she have wings?!"

"They're red!"

"Excuse you! They're imperial ruby, you uncultured swine!"

"Gah...just...shut up and help her, Twice...s!"

My bones felt like they had been twisted and snapped out of place all throughout my body, but mostly around my shoulder blades and upper back. My vision was speckled white, and I wanted to throw up everything I possibly could.
"Come on, come on! I gotcha!" Twice's hands on me hurt, but I didn't fight back. He held me by my upper arms and tried to keep me still.

"It hurts..! J..Jin, it hurts..! Get them off..!" I sobbed hysterically, hot tears streaming down my face. A bullet to the head seemed like a better option than dealing with it.
"It's okay! You're gonna be okay! Try to deactivate your quirk, alright? Try to focus!" He pulled me into a hug, mindful of my pain, and carefully rocked me back and forth.

Get it off get it off get it off get it off..!

After what seemed like hours, the pain eased. It didn't go away completely, but I no longer felt heavy, stinging appendages. Slumping into Twice's arms, I couldn't bring myself to move anymore. I was disoriented, and had no idea what had just happened. They weren't bat wings, that was for sure, and I knew my quirk was restricted to mammals. At least, it used to be?

"That'a girl! You're amazing! Come on, let's get you out of here! Boss is probably gonna get a little crazy!" With that, I was picked up and placed on yet another twice, which only multiplied my confusion. There sure were a lot of him, but it wasn't the time for questions.
"W..wait...Tomura...He can't deal with that...freak...alone..." I rasped, trying to squirm off of his back.

His grip on me became tighter, and he wildly shook his head as he began to run in the opposite direction of the noise.
"Sure he can! Have faith in him, (N/N)! He's the boss for a reason! All you need to do is stay safe right now!"

But...I need to do something...

There was no way I could argue, so I let him carry me away from the battlefield. Things seemed to have calmed down a lot, but there was no missing the carnage that had been left behind. Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried to tell myself that none of it belonged to the League, but my positivity was dwindling.
"I..is...Dabi okay..?" I managed to ask in a pitiful murmur, leaning my head against the back of Twice's.

"Sorry, don't know! We can ask any other me we come across, though!" The masked clone replied, short of breath as he sprinted along. "Hey, me! Know if Dabi is okay?!" I didn't even bother listening to the response. I was drifting in and out of consciousness at this point, and even breathing was causing me pain.