FIFTY NINE: Shackles

***(Y/N) POV***

My head felt like it had been beaten in by a golf club.

I had been conscious for a fair amount of time, but opening my eyes just seemed like too much effort. The last thing I could remember was some creepy black haired man standing in front of me, then I had woken up wherever I was now.

"Oi, kid..." I involuntarily flinched as a coarse voice broke through my thoughts. "I know you're awake. They do, too..." It was vaguely familiar, and that was the only reason I decided to open my eyes. A bruised pair of ankles were the first things I focused on, telling me that I was just sprawled on the floor. Forcing myself to venture my gaze upwards, I found a little more energy once I realised who had addressed me.

"Y..You're Giran..!" I gasped, pointing out the obvious beflre taking notice of his bloodied hand. At least, that was what it used to be. "Oh my crap, what did they do to you?!" My head spun when I sat abruptly, using the broker's knee as support. It was then that I became aware of the chain around my wrist.
"Just some old fashioned torture. I didn't think they'd take another ho-"
"So glad to see that you're finally awake!"

Flinching, I slowly turned to see who addressed me, irking when my hazy sights fell upon a very sketchy looking man with spikey orange hair. My eyes gravitated to the two dark moles on the left side of his forehead, and quickly decided that the guy was more than just a little bit of bad news. Not simply because of his blemishes, but because he was no doubt the one who had subjected Giran to such horrible things.

"L..look, whoever you are...I don't think you should go getting all cocky...The League will-"
"Rescue you? Sweetums, what's a measly gaggle of seven going to do against thousands?" The man gave me a closed-eyed smile, and I felt myself blanch. He rattled on for the longest time about who he was, what he stood for, and I honestly believed I was going to throw up. Their views I could understand, to a degree, but the fact they wanted to kill the league; my family, was too much to process.

This is...bad...

"I have nothing against you, though, little (L/N) (F/N). You're young. Impressionable. How were you to know an option such as us existed? Your face has been all over the news, you know? The poor, sweet animal heroine, who was brainwashed by the bad guys. I thought maybe you would join us? It would be much more comfortable than moping around in shackles." The Re-Destro guy motioned to the steel around my wrist, and my temper began to bubble.

"Like hell, Needlenose!" I had intended to activate my quirk so I could escape, but nothing happened. My (E/C) eyes grew wider once I figured it out, but the pointy-schnozzed maniac still felt the need to give me an explanation.
"Quirk restraints, sweetums. As long as you're wearing that, you're nothing but a quirkless little nobody. Pity, you would have been a nice addition." Waving me off with a limp wrist, he turned away and began to walk off, his sword of a nose sticking in the air. "It won't be long now until they arrive, so be patient. You'll have quite the view of the show from up here. Geten, keep an eye on them."

Somebody in what appeared to be an eskimo parka shuffled out from the shadows, bowing their head in understanding. Once Re-Destro had left, I ignored the hooded figure and turned my attention back to Giran.
"I'm so sorry...If we'd have known..." All I could do was stare at the bloodied stumps on his hand, praying that there would be no infection.

"Nah, not your fault, kid. You lot've been busy. How's it going, by the way?" Pain was evident in his voice, but he was trying to act unphased. Shrugging, I shifted, bringing my knees up to my chest.
"Hard to say. Not bad, but definitely not the best..." I revealed, hyper aware of that Geten person pottering around elsewhere in the room. "That's the least of our worries, though..."