SEVENTY TWO: Eavesdrop

The Liberation Front didn't seem too concerned about the information I had gathered. Sure, the heroes were a problem, but we vastly outnumbered them. Time was ticking, and Shigaraki would likely return before they had their plans in order.

With that, I gladly returned to what I now considered normal, which was largely made up of having no idea how to spend my days. Only the original members of the League made any time for me, as the others seemed to think I was useless. They weren't exactly wrong, but it made for long, lazy days when everybody else was busy. Dabi tried to include me wherever possible, but he had his own things going on.

For instance, he was currently in a meeting with several other lieutenants, going over possibly strategies for when the time to attack came. Despite me being a lieutenant myself, he had refused to let me attend. That didn't sit right with me.

Today, I couldn't even rely on Mustard to hang out with, as he was adamant on training with some of the other young recruits he had befriended, so I decided the best way to waste my time was to turn into a tabby cat and laze upon one of the window sills on the top floor.

I wish I could contribute more...It sucks I couldn't get any valuable info...

My thoughts were interrupted by a pair of hands scooping me up, and the initial chill of them made me jolt. It took all of a second to realise that it was Geten, but what shocked me even more was that he tucked me into the front of his parka.
"Calm down. I know it's you. You want to be a part of the process, correct?" His voice was so monotone, but I still responded, nodding my fuzzy head beneath his chin.

This is weird, but sure?

"Then stay hidden. I'm doing this because I don't believe you understand who you're fighting for. I don't trust you, or that avian, but if you can accept your lover's actions after this, I may reconsider my view of you." I really had no idea what he was talking about, but curiosity had me in a vice.

Sadly, I was a cat, and we all know what curiosity did to the cat...

It wasn't at all comfortable inside Geten's parka, but for my own sake, I kept silent and still. Once we were in the conference room, voices were muffled, though it wasn't too hard to figure out who was who, especially since the gaps between the buttons parted slightly once Geten sat down, giving me a peek.

"-lly need to rethink your targets, Dabi." Trumpet, one of the members I hadn't really interacted with, sighed from somewhere out of my vision, and Dabi, who was seated almost directly across from us, rolled his eyes.
"Last I checked, I'm a higher rank than you, asshole. I'll go for whoever I feel like."

He's getting mad...Who is he after?

"Dude, he's got a point, Endeavor is kinda..." Spinner started, stretching the last syllable out as he tried to think of a more delicate wording.
"Too strong for you. At least in your current state, Blue Flame." Geten jumped in, the slight vibration of his chest against my back making my position even more uncomfortable.

Dabi glared in our direction, and it hurt to see him visibly upset, though he was hiding it behind fierce agitation.
"Did I ask for anyone's opinion? No. I don't care who any of you lot seek out, I want to kill Endeavor. The fucker pissed me off."

I know you despise him...I do too...but could you really kill your own father..?

There was a lot of back and forth, and it seemed that everybody was against his choice. To me, that wasn't fair. He'd done a lot for the League, now Paranormal Liberation Front, yet they still saw him as a weaker link.
"You can't just cherry pick. We go all out." Skeptic sounded so bored, but that was the usual. My sights remained on my ravonet, and he chewed on the inside of his cheek whilst glaring across the room.
"I never said I wouldn't, you lanky fuck! I'll kill the number one, and anybody who gets in the way of it. Hero or not."